Tipton best gun vise

rebs

I bought one of these at Cabelas when they were 40% off making it 59.99. So far I really like it, great for cleaning guns, mounting scopes and generally working on your guns.
Does anyone else have one, what is your opinion of it ?

Jimmy10mm

I picked one up a couple of years ago. I think it was $99.00 or so. Sure makes life a lot easier for cleaning and what not. :)

bamaranger

Tipton

I do not have a "Best" model, but the standard one. Bought it on sale as well, maybe 10-15 yrs ago. Consider the purchase one of those "money well spent" deals and have never regretted it.

As noted, extremely useful.

Wish I had bought one earlier.

rebs

Glad to hear you guys like yours.
Mine came with an AR mag well mount as well. I am glad I bought it, sure makes cleaning guns, scope mounting and general working on guns both pistol and rifle.

lefteye

I've had a Tipton gun vise for many years. It may have been their first model. It replaced my home-made plywood vise. It has seen a lot of use and more than paid for itself.

redraif

Best gun vise versus gun vise

So I'm looking into getting a gun vise in the next few days. I'm trying to decide which is the best option for me. Yes the best is better, but it is really necessary?

Presently I would need it for cleaning and holding one of my rifles still, while I attempt to drill out a broken rear sight screw left by the previous owner. Other upcoming work would entail adding accessories to my KSG.

My assortment consists of older 22lr rifles, a mosin nagant, the Benelli MR1, an AK47, sub2000 and KSG. With my varied firearms and the best's ability for adjustment, I'm leaning that way.

Since you guys have them... is the best overkill? is the plain version enough or do you wish it did more?

Thank you!

Last edited: