Timney versus JP

What AR trigger would you choose, JP, timney, or other? (<$200)

• JP

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Timney

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

10-96

I mighta skeewed your results, but I voted "Other". I've never mounted or used Timney or JP triggers, but I've been 100% satisfied with CMMG and Rock River Arms 2-stage. Both are durable straight forward and pretty much goof proof. The CMMG has set-screws to allow the shooter to set 1st stage travel and overtravel to his personal preference. And, to the best of my recollection- they both cost quite a bit less than the Timney's and JP's.

Oh, I have and use both the CMMG and RRA triggers in my personal AR's- not just blowing smoke about something I read somewhere.

CowTowner

I have a Timney coming with my latest kit from model 1.
However, I have found the Chip McCormick to be an awesome trigger for the AR.
And yes, they are still being manufactured and sold. Only one place you can buy a McCormick is Cabela's. Provided they have them in stock.

GLShooter

I've got a pair of Timney triggers on my AR's and am very impressed with them. I wish I could get them down to a pound but the 3 pound is fine for most uses. Since I live here in Phoenix about 10 miles from their shop I never have worried about service though it has not been needed.

Greg

Sam06

I have Timney and I must say its sweet. I don't think I would want it on a go to war M4 style gun but on an AR that is used for target/games its very nice. On a varmint AR it really rocks. I had a JP and did not like it as much due to the complexity. On my 3 gun AR I have a RR 2 stage trigger. So the application is important.

Alleykat

I'm really pleased with my JP triggers; like the RRA NM o.k., but not as much as the JP. Using Timneys in my 700s, but never have been motivated to try their AR trigger, due to my satisfaction with the JP trigger/hammer setup.