Timney Triggers

Joe Portale

Folks, let me toss a ray of sunshine into everyone's lives. I have been using Timney triggers for a time on my rifles. I like them because they are easy to install, easy to adjust and inexpensive. I was rebuilding a FN Mauser and installed a Timney Trigger. Well, something I never seen happened. When the blt was driven home, it would uncock. I futz are a bit and discovered that if the travel adjustment was cranked out to about 3/8", the bolt stayed cocked. This really wasn't acceptable. I emailed Timney and they responded within one working day. "All you need is a longer sear, I toss one in the mail to you". The sear srrived three days later. I emailed them again to ask if there was anything that I needed to be aware of when swapping the sear on the trigger assembly. WIthin a day again I had my answer. These people are great. The tone of the emails was very helpful and polite. I wish all the customer service people out there in gun-biz land would be as nice and helpful. These are nice people, so when possible, give them some business.

Monkeyleg

I've got a Timney 1.75 pound trigger on my .308. Installation was as easy as pie, and that rifle will outshoot many custom rifles.

Quality triggers and first-rate customer service.

Try getting that from a golf club manufacturer.

Charmedlyfe

I had to move up to a Canjar. Those aluminum housings just didn't last on my Vz24. The aluminum TORE. They are nice people, though. I'll buy more when they make'em with steel.;)