timney 512

stillquietvoice

i bought a timney 512 trigger for my rem700 and had it installed. smith charged 15.00 to put in and adjust. pull weight is 2 lb 10oz. very crisp much better yhan the x mark pro. havent gotten to the range yet but will soon.

Rmart30

A Timney is one of the best upgrades there is... The are super easy to put in yourself. Just need a small hammer and the right size punch and about 10 minutes.

math teacher

For anyone choosing a Timney trigger for a 700, be sure to choose a version with the safety already installed. It will save you the trickiest part of the installation, especially if you try to install the right hand version in a left handed rifle. It can be done using the original safety, but requires a little modification. If you do use the original parts, be sure the e-clip is properly reinstalled. Mine came off causing the safety to fail in the middle of a moose hunt.

stillquietvoice

cant wait to get to the range.
got mine with safety. sorry to here about your safety failure hope it didnt ruin your hunt.

Last edited:

KROIL

Three of my four 700's have 510 Timneys. The forth is a "REAL" Remington 1993 700 European. I did the stock trigger on it myself. Its not quite Timneyish but its close. All with a newer 700 should chuck that X-mark and do the very easy install of a Timney.....a so much nicer trigger.

Kimber84

I just swapped my Jewell out for a Timney Two stage. I like it a lot better as all of my other rifles are two stage. As others have said, super easy to switch them out. Although I'm running a Bighorn long action in a McMillan stock so we had to do some inletting in both the stock and trigger guard to get the wider body Timney in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Years ago Timney was considered Jewel triggers competitor. It appears their standings have flip-flopped.

For those not knowing a Timney. Unlike the 700s original trigger. There is no slack to pull up/thru before the trigger sears break> that's the beauty of having a Timney install. (Zero-felt slack.)

stillquietvoice

i just returned from the range. took my 700 put nearly 50 rounds through it. the new timney is amazing. groups shrunk alot. it breaks like glass. better than my accutrigger.