Tikka vrs Weaver style rings

Bob Thompson

Does anybody know if Weaver rings will work on the base incorporated in Tikka rifles? Will theirs and Weavers interchange? They look similar. Thanks much, Bob

jmr40

They look similar at a glance but they will not work. Weavers have a crossbolt that fits into a groove in the base. Tikka's do not use a separate base. They have a hole in the top of the receiver that a post on one of the rings fits into to prevent it from slipping.

I have had no problems with the factory rings but the receiver is drilled and tapped for aftermarket rings. I know Talley and DNZ make rings that will fit.

wyobohunter

As posted above, the Weaver rings don't work on the Tikka base. A friend of mine has the T3 Lite and he used the Tikka rings, w/his .300 win mag, they don't seem so solid (had to re-zero after only 4 trips to the range). I got the Talley rings for my T3 Lite, they seem O.K. so far (2 trips to range) but I wish the "low" was a bit lower. I mounted a 33mm obj. scope. Considering switching to the Leupold bases with xlow rings, not sure yet though.

sholling

You can get a Weaver base to fit a Tikka but it's not cheap. Personally I prefer DedNutz mounts on Tikkas.

DNZ-Tikka-2.jpg

Bob Thompson

sholling, where can I buy those DedNutz mounts. I did not see them in the Brownells catalog. They look really nice, solid and a really low mount. Bob

sholling

MidwayUSA sells DedNutz (DNZ) mounts. BTW, I lap them even though some claim you don't need to. It doesn't take much though.