Tikka T3X Tac A1…

ed308

Anybody have a Tikka T3X Tac A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor? Just bought one. Haven’t read to many negative reviews on it. Almost pulled the trigger on a Bergara B14 HMR to save money. But figured this would be cheaper in the long run since wouldn't need to buy a chassis for it later. Hoping to make it to the range tomorrow.

BornFighting88

Tikka’s are above average rifles! You will be very happy with this. They are like glass, those actions. If I had to choose a push feed action, it would be the T3 line of some sort or another. I was just at a LGS and they had T3x Lite rifles on the rack for $800 brand new. Get one of those, and drop it into the chassis?? I think maybe you are doing a similar thing.

That action paired with the 6.5 Creedmor…??? As the chap behind the counter explained it, “That combination will do it! But can you??” Enjoy and please provide a range report.

ed308

Didn’t make to the range today. It’ll will probably be mid June before I can try it.

The action on my T3X TAC A1 is the smoothest of any bolt I’ve own, or tried. The TAC A1 comes with a foldable metal chassie plus a 2 stage trigger. That’s the big difference between it and the T3X. Almost bought a T3X to convert. But by the time I bought a MDT Chassie plus a a 2 stage trigger, I’d would’ve spent more. I like the chassie and butt stock on the TAC A1. The trigger is pretty good and adjustable between 2 to 4 lbs. I got the second stage set at 2 lbs. If this rifle groups .5 MOA at 100 yards with five shots, I’ll be pleased.

Last edited:

BornFighting88

I had slightly misunderstood your process, then. Oh well, no harm no foul. They are just smooth as butter. They clunk into locking, make almost no noise on the back or front stroke.

I think my daughter’s first hunting rifle will be a Tikka, if not some CRF I can find. :p

Wendyj

You should be pleased. I’ve got a CTR in 6.5 creedmoor. I ran 20 reloads through it today with 140eldm. playing around at 100 yards. 10 round shots with no barrel cooling in between. Group measured .323. Was a little disappointed at first but after about 100 rounds it started really holding its own.

ed308

Impressive. I’ve reloaded 100 rounds of 140gr Nosler Custom Comp bullets with 43.5 grs of Varget for when I make it to the range. Savings my H4350 for future load development.

Last edited:

Wendyj

I’ve done mine with H4350. Found 3 lbs about 4 months back and an 8 lb last weekend. Varget not so much but I’ve got about a lb and 1/2.

ed308

I’m down to 3 lbs if H4350. Been looking for a 8 lb jug for months. Got plenty of Varget. Opened 8 lb jug when I loaded my break-in rounds for the Tikka.

Wendyj

We are opposite here since I've been lucky enough to find some H4350 in large amounts but so far only 2 lbs of varget.

ed308

Finally able to work up a load for my Tikka 6.5CM. With 42.5 grs of H4350 and Nosler 140 gr CC bullets, it printed around .3 MOA for a five shoots group. Love this rifle!

jmr40

That is the same powder and charge I've settled on for 139-143 gr bullets in mine. I'm a big Tikka fan.