Tikka T3 Sporter

kcub

Cool looking gun available in lefty in .260, 6.5x55, and .308.

It's a heavy bench/target (and perhaps biathlon) rifle. All the calibers are appealing: 308 for it's ubiquity, 260 and 6.5 Swede for long range trajectory. Since the Tikka action isn't short maybe the 6.5 Swede is good since there will always be ammo due to its long standing popularity in Europe whereas the 260 may or may not make it in the long term. You can get ammo up to 160 grains for the Swede from Lapua and Norma. Factory ammo is important to me.

Experience? I read on this forum that the Tikka bolt can break and customer support is nonexistent but then I've also seen many positive comments particularly about accuracy.

For as much money as they are maybe one is better off with a lefty Sako since they make lefty rifles and are the same company, same accuracy.

I will mostly punch paper but may hunt deer or pig once in a blue moon, non rigorous.

nomad636

Excellent Results

OP, I have had excellent results with a Tikka T3 Varmint rifle chambered in 22-250. It is hands down the most accurate rifle I have ever shot and has an awesomly smooth bolt.

I highly recommend it. As far as customer service is concerned, they contract through Beretta USA. I have had nothing but spectacular results with Beretta's customer service. I lost a spring on one of my Beretta handguns and they were fast to send a replacement.

My all around favorite rifle to shoot though is my Browning X-Bolt in .308. I have a spread of .349 at 100yds with Hornady 150gr Superformance ammunition.

I am confident that you won't make a poor decision regardless of which way you go. If I had the $$$$$ I would also have a Sako 85 in my collection. I have never felt a two stage trigger as smooth and light as that one.

kcub

My all around favorite rifle to shoot though is my Browning X-Bolt in .308. I have a spread of .349 at 100yds with Hornady 150gr Superformance ammunition.

Wow! Are they all that good or just luck of the draw? Do they have an accuracy guarantee like Tikka?

nomad636

This is a 3 shot grouping at 100yds with my Browning X-Bolt .308 shooting DRT 150gr ammunition.

As far as I know, they do not have the accuracy guarantee like Tikka does... but I have no doubt of the quality of their rifles. Also, they have one of the best triggers I've ever used. Mine breaks at 3.5lbs but it is so crisp its like breaking a glass rod. Constant pressure and then it goes off. No creep or takeup. Just solid pressure and it breaks.

Attachments

• 0A201314-8B5A-418E-A4BC-FDA27DFD1CB0.JPG
    0A201314-8B5A-418E-A4BC-FDA27DFD1CB0.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 36

big phil

G'day Kcub, I own a left handed T3 stainless varmint in .308 and would recommend Tikka to anyone, very accurate with a great trigger and bolt and as for after sales service I had a firing pin issue that turned out to be my fault however the gun was sent away to be tested, cleaned and returned to me at no charge and a new box of ammo to make up for the few that had miss fired.