Tikka T3 - scope mounts?

603Country

Simple question that somebody here knows the answer to. Does a new Tikka T3 come with scope mounts/rings? If not, I'll have to buy some. Not a problem, but I don't want to order something I don't need.

jmr40

They come with very useable mounts. Not the best looking, but they function. The T-3 s a workhorse rifle, not a showhorse anyway. I'd use them, but would recommend changing the screws. The ones I've owned quickly had the soft metal factory screws let the hex screws slip and round out the screw head. It cost me $3 at Home Depot to replace 6 screws. Better than spending $50 for new mounts. After that 1 modification I found them to be as good as anything.

603Country

Thanks. I hoped that the scope mounting gear would come with the T3, but somebody famous once said, "hope is not an adequate plan".

trublu

A rifle is only as good as its sighting system. I have the warne tikka rings on mine. They are heavy but rock-solid. I was unimpressed by the rings that came with the rifle.

pbcaster45

Here's what I use on my Tikka T3 .308 Winchester.

TikkaT3withEGWBaseandBurrisRings.jpg

Base: EGW 1-Piece Heavy Duty Picatinny-Style (aluminum)
Rings: Medium Burris Signature
Scope: Leupold VX-3 Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 40mm

If available, Burris Signature Rings are all I use. They don't mar the finish and I've never had a problem with scope slippage either.