Tikka T3 Rifles

joshua

Since I stated having rifles for all various reasons I've always stuck to American made except for my Interarms Mark X in 270 Win, which is a sweet rifle that is very accurate and reliable. I don't own a Tikka yet, but I've heard lots of great things about Tikkas. I see myself as becoming more of a rifle shooter I will eventually wear out the barrel on it expecting to shoot at least 40 rounds every range trip 2 to 3 times a month. It may take 2 years, but I still worry about replacing the barrel. How easy is it to replace compared to the much customized Remington 700? josh

fxdrider

I'm not aware of any "ready-to-install" barrels for them currently, but you should be able to get a blank from a barrelmaker (such as Shilen) which a gunsmith should be able to finish and install for you.

Or, you could contact Beretta and see what their procedure for barrel replacement is (Since Beretta is the current importer).

Crotalus

I got a TIkka T3 in Laminate Stainless 270WSM. The gun has completely gone beyond my expectations! Nice fit and balance, great trigger, smooth action, and super accurate out of the box. I was able to zero my rifle in four shots! I can easily hit a can at 300 yards every time off a rest.

MarineForLife

My Tikka T3 Stainless is a total joy to shoot. Frequently can't find the 2d shot because it impacts precisely where the first shot hit. Trigger is crisp and light, and the action is as smooth as silk.

I contacted Beretta customer service when I first bought the rifle to ask a simple question about barrel break-in (was just curious what their position was, and btw: it was what Gale McMillan would have said). They answered promptly and completely. Hit their website and use their on-line question posting feature - they'll get back to you re: barrel replacement.

JohnO

My Tikka experience mirror the rest. Great trigger. Action is smooth. My 2 shoot under MOA. Would not hesitate to add a 3rd to my collection.