Tikka T3 .270 - Price Check

Waterengineer

I found a Tikka T3 chambered for .270 that appears to have not been fired or has been fired, very, very little. It has a 24-inch barrel, blued, and not a scratch on the wood. By the way, you gotta love that bolt action.

The gun is at a big box outdoor retailer that has a policy of not wriggling on price. The price is $529. Their price for a "new" gun, in the box is $599. I think the "used" gun is floor model that did not sell.

Three questions:

1. Is the asking price of $529 fair?

2. Is there a way to interprete the serial number for a date?

3. Name the scope to put on it, please.

Thanks for all the help ahead of time - Craig

banditt007

was just looking at this gun, and to order at the local store was over $600 by just alittle. so i'd say the price is good. to compare i just bought a savage 111g from them and w/ 8.75% sales tax it was about $575. as to the other questions hopefully someone else can help you out.

elkman06

If it's a wood rifle then the price is good. I would top it w/ either a Burris or Leupold glass. I kinda think the Burris is a better choice pricewise.
elkman06

Waterengineer

A few more details

Sorry, I should have been more complete with the firearm description. Yes, it has a matte finish wood stock.

Also, I was incorrect on barrel length. Barrel length is 22-7/16 inches.

Is the $399 price for a synthetic?

Thanks - Craig

Scheel's in Omaha has a whole slew of blued/wood T3's for $399---have been marked that way for at least 2-3 weeks.

Last fri was the last time I was in there---I'll be going there tomorrow to make a payment on my CZ550 that was also marked at $399---but it was the only one they had left.

I can check and see if they still have them at that price tomorrow---or you can call em ahead of time.

Horseman

Scheel's in Lincoln (40 miles down the road from Omaha) has blued/walnut T3's for $550. Synthetic/blue are $450 and Stainless/synthetic $520.

Waterengineer

Thanks everyone

Everyone:

Thanks for the help. You all confirmed what I was thinking that what I was fondling was an OK deal not a great deal.

This is the power of TFL community - helping each other out. Again thanks!

It looks like I will be doing business with Scheel's if I can figure a way to ship to Denver cheaply or perhaps a road trip to Lincoln for a football game.

Blondie

I have a .270 Tikka T3 Lite SS with a Nikon Monarch UCC 3-9x I'd sell for $600(scope included). It is in mint condition.

Blonde