Tikka .243

Holman

Tikka owners, how do you feel about your rifles? I am thinking about buying a Tikka T3 Lite in .243 caliber for hunting deer in East Texas. Since my .270 Weatherby was stolen I went to my favorite gun store and looked at some new rifles. The salesman asked me if I was open for suggestion and I said yes, he then asked what and where would I be hunting and then suggested that I take a look at the Tikka in .243, damn what a smooth trigger this gun has. Are the Tikka rifles as good and as accurate as he say they are? Open for suggestions and want to hear from Tikka rifle owners.

USNairman

My Tikka T3 Hunter is a wonderful rifle. The trigger is easily adjustable and once you get the action out of the stock you can drop the trigger down to 2 pounds in just a couple of minutes. The action and the trigger are very smooth and being they have the same barrels as Sako's, they are extremely accurate. I am not fond of the synthetic stocks on the Tikkas but to each their own.

elkman06

I personally own 4 tikkas'. 2 being pre Sako/Baretta, 2 post. They are bar none the best rifles I own. The .243 being the most accurate.
As always, opinions vary.
elkman

Best Rifles I own

I personally have 2. A T3 Light in .308 (my deer rifle) and a T3 Super Varmint in 7mm Mag. Both are very accurate with sub MOA groups at 100 yds. The actions are the smoothest I have come across. Also, from what I hear, every Tikka is required to shoot a 1 inch 3-shot group at 100 yds prior to being shipped from the factory.

bluedog

Here is what I think about the Tikka!

I heard many very good things about the Tikka T3.....I am a lefty...when the LH Tikka T3 rifles became available early this year, I bought a lefty T3 lite (stainless) in .243 Win...I was so impressed with the rifle that two months later I bought two more T3 lites, one in .270 Win and one in .223 Rem. Does that tell you anything?

drmiller100

they are everything as advertised.
glass smooth action. great trigger. unreal accuracy.

scope rings are included.

huge value.

elkman06

There are couple of people around here who have struggled a bit w/ accuracy on their Tikkas.
They all were shooting in the short mag variations though. .270wsm and .300wsm. They eventually dialed them in but it took some careful reloading. My last Tikka, a .300 win mag. I bought on a friday, loaded bullets that night, zeroed it to 200yds on saturday, shot an elk on monday. Not a lot of time to mess with the reloading end. In all fairness, it was a load I had used in my other .300.
elkman

JD 500

T3 Lite 300 Win Mag here

Love it. 1/2 moa with my reloads. Bolt cycles smooth as can be. (Fast in the field). Trigger crisp at 3lbs from factory. A little light for .300wm, but in .243, you should be golden.

fxdrider

Ditto what USNairman said. I picked up my T3 Hunter in .308 Win. last weekend - and true to what the salesman said, it's extremely accurate. I took it to the range Monday with a box of factory ammo and dialed it right in. 3 shot group easily inside an inch. In one group - I had two in one hole! Almost thought I had a flyer, until I looked closer and found the double-hole.
So far, I'm liking it.

I was considering a Remington 700 CDL as well as the Ruger Hawkeye M77. All very nice rifles, but the Tikka's already light and smooth trigger, free-floated barrel, super-smooth action, and just overall quality of fit and finish - and all for a nice price - hooked me on the T3.

Now I just need to work up a good hunting load and find where the deer are all hiding!:D

Holman

Finally got my T-3 Lite in .243 caliber with a Leupold VXII 3X9X40 on top. Went to the range today to sight it in, gunsmith told me I would be on the paper @ 100 yards and he was right. First three shots hit low left hand corner in a nice tight group. Shortly after I was hitting the bullseye at will. I am very satisfied with my Tikka and already thinking about a T-3 Lite Varmint in .308 :D

billindenver

My tikka t3 lite is the finest rifle I own. I strongly prefer it over my Abolt or winchester model 70's. The MOA guarantee is not a joke...it will shoot that all day long with Federal $12 a box 30-06 ammo. I have seriously considered selling my other rifles and getting same caliber Tikka's. Damn fine shooting rifle.