Thumb Print

CrustyFN

Just saw on the news that you need to give a thumb print to buy ammo in California now. I'm sure it will spread. One more good reason to reload.

Fullthrottle

Not yet Crusty, the law was passed but, won't be in place untill 2011. Already it is in court to attempt to be overturned and a new bill is being drawn up to make it obsolete. Not that that makes me feel any better, but we have to fight it now.

. . . And it's a colossal waste of time money and effort. Many of you may be too young to recall that there was national ammo purchase registration for a long time. Driver's license taken. After something like 14 years without the information helping solve one single crime, the requirement was finally dropped. Same will happen in California (it won't solve crimes), but I hope the national memory will prevent it from spreading again.

Last edited:

CrustyFN

Not yet Crusty, the law was passed but, won't be in place untill 2011. Already it is in court to attempt to be overturned and a new bill is being drawn up to make it obsolete. Not that that makes me feel any better, but we have to fight it now.

That's a lot better news than the way they made it sound on TV today.

Lost Sheep

Gosh, how old are you, Uncle Nick? (;-)

Unclenick . . . And it's a colossal waste of time money and effort. Many of you may be too young to recall that there was national ammo purchase registration for a long time. Driver's license taken. After something like 14 years without the information helping solve one single crime, the requirement was finally dropped. Same will happen in California (it won't solve crimes), but I hope the national memory will prevent it from spreading again.

I'm 61 and I don't recall (though I have only been buying and making ammunition since the mid-70s).

However, I am curious. Do you recall what the law was named, when passed and when repealed? It would make interesting reading.

(Soapbox mode on)This California situation and the (Federal) Blair Holt Bill should be in the minds of all supporters of the Second Amendment and of our Constitution. (Soapbox mode off)

Lost Sheep:eek:

Last edited:

Tex S

I wonder if they would be willing to accept a print off of my middle finger??? That is all I would give the sob's.

alloy

Fox news was showing some of the units last night I didn't realize they were taking electronic thumbprints instead of an ink pad and paper.

freakshow10mm

The storage of handgun ammunition behind the counter goes into effect this next February, but the thumbprint and mail order ban on handgun ammunition goes into effect 2011.