Three new to me

MarkCO

So the father of one of my wife's friends decided to sell off his hunting shotguns. Originally had 4, but gave one to his son. Ended up with 2 I am okay with and 1 that I have always wanted.

BPS 12g with screw-in chokes, Mossberg 20g Pump mod barrel, Ithaca 37 Featherlite 16g mod barrel. :D

FITASC

You know the drill, without pics, it didn't happen! ;):p:D

Seriously, good for you - The Mossberg, meh - the other 2 should be fun to use.

jaguarxk120

You will find that the Ithaca Model 37 is the best handling of the three. Lighter to carry and comes up fast, balance's very well.

lefteye

I had a uncle who owned an Ithaca 37 Featherlight 16 ga. It was extremely light for its size and great for a small teenager. I believe the overlap of 20 ga. and 12 ga. shot shells virtually eliminated the market for the 16 gauge.

Edit: I have no knowledge of the secondary market value of a 37, but in perfect condition I expect it would be more than it cost when purchased.

DavidAGO

I think the 37 is the best repeater bird gun there is, the BPS is a great duck gun, and the Mossberg shots shotgun shells satisfactorily.

David

lunger

I have a 37 16 gauge that was my fathers.It was given to me when I was a teenager. Light, great handling, it was my upland gun for many years.

When my son started hunting after a few years with a single shot, I passed it to him.

He has returned it to me and I hunt with it once and a while. Handles as nice as it did forty some odd years ago.

upstate81

I love ithaca shotguns. I like how the Ithaca 16 wasnt built on the 12 gauge size action. Makes it a true light upland gun.

jaguarxk120

You will find that Ithaca as a smaller gun maker supports the Model 37 from all years made.

It is nice taking a gun in the field that is all steel with no stampings, plastic parts, or alloy in it's make up.