Three more hunting days. Think I'm getting greedy!

Although I have not shot anything this hunting season, have introduced or reintroduced others into the the sport of hunting. Most don't eat venison, which has been a bonanza for me. I do not eat beef, haven't for more than 20 years. And, my freezer is about full of deer meat.

Hunting for me is more of a experience. Don't really care who pulls the trigger, as long as I can see the actual harvest happen. Watch them buckle! These are all my hunts. I've got the locations, done the scouting, set up the stands and even point to the game that is about to be taken. I even provide the food and beer too. Have over 200 pounds of meat in the freezer and tons of memories that will last forever.

Today, after yet deer going down, was reminded that the season does not end till this Wednesday. Was under the impression that today was the last day. I am in possession of one more tag, my own. Have some time on my hands this week and there is no sense wasting a perfectly good tag. Right? And, I know where there are some fat deer to be taken. But I'm feel a bit greedy and that I have done enough. To continue hunting is for nothing more than to satisfy my hunting prowess. Think I'm addicted!

Robert

[This message has been edited by Robert the41MagFan (edited November 05, 2000).]

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Well, you can always test your hunting prowess by doing some camera-hunting. See how close you can get.

Just ambling through country is fun, even if you don't intend to shoot. Or, take somebody along and do some teaching.

Sounds like you have a bunch of good eating ahead of you!

Art

snapperhead

A friend at work suggested I elk hunt with just a knife. To make things more even. I suggested maybe a club. He really liked that idea. :) Maybe you can try archery (sounds like you might already). Evens the odds some. More exciting being 5-10 yards from the prey. We don't tree stand hunt much here (Idaho). Stalking up on them is a real blast.

snapper

BadMedicine

Do any of you remember the guy a few years back who went cougar hunting with a knife? This guy was like 50 years old and goes out with this big ol' bowie knife lookin for cougar. He finds on and trees it, then climbs up after it and preceeds to kill it with his knife. His arms got all scratched up, but he killed it and had to go get a bunch of stitches. when asked why he did it he said somthing like "well I've done alot of things, and just wanted to say that I've done this." I forget where he did this, it was atleast 5 years ago. Anybody remember that?

Well, the weather settled my indecision. We have been pounded with snow in all areas where I hunt. Went out for a while on Monday and it was a complete white out. And, it was hard to drive on the roads, I have not yet put snow tires on the SVT. In the mean time, season ended yesterday. All that is left now is cougars and bear till December 31st.