three legged deer

eastbank

i shot a doe for camp meat last week and she only had three legs, i noticed a limp and thats why i shot her. but the leg was healed over and i,m sure she would have survived. i don,t know how she lost her leg,but it was off very high up. eastbank.

Attachments

• three leg.jpg
    three leg.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 145

Pahoo

I have seen this more than once and even though this one looked healthy enough, most others were not. One buck we had in our area, made it for two years before we took him. He too was in pretty good shape of so it seemed. Another time, we just found part of a lower leg, stuck in a fence.

Be Safe !!!

Flapjack23

My FIL has a habit of making those:( Tracked one for a couple miles in a snowstorm, never able to find it. They can move pretty fast with only 3 legs.

ENC

Wow, a deer can lead a rough life. I once watched a buck with no bottom jaw walk between my duck blind and the dekes. I was young and feared getting in trouble for killing a deer out of season then, should I have the chance now I would probably have put it out of its misery.

I have also seen a dead deer hanging by its belly from the top strand of a barb wire fence.

Evan

Countertop

Never saw that. Though I was grouse hunting with a state forester in PA who showed us a couple of trees where he had found a dead deer a few years earlier. It had gotten stuck between them and starved to death. Ugh.

What kind of pump gun is that?

eastbank

countertop, it a rem. 7600 in 3006 with out the j-lock and engraved reciever with a 2x7 leupold scope. eastbank.

Attachments

• dear-2.jpg
    dear-2.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 41