Threatened by An FFL?!

DT Guy

I posted a complaint about The Gun Shop in the Feedback column.

But having spoken to the ATF, it seems that threatening to 'sic' the ATF on somebody who hasn't done anything wrong is pretty serious...so I feel a heightened need to warn people about this incident.

Here's the link:

TFL Thread

Larry

moa

Sue. Take him to Small Claims Court. You should not need a lawyer for that. I bet he comes around to meeting your expectations once he receives the summons. This is what courts are for. Breach of contract, I would say. Especially, giving you a dangerously defective firearm.

TimRB

The last you heard was that he had repaired the gun. Do you know for a fact that he did not?

Absent some specific agreement to the contrary he is not obligated to give you a refund. You purchased a used gun; what agreement did you make with the dealer at the time of sale?

Tim

DT Guy

I'm not, quite frankly, going to EVER handle a gun that shop has worked on again. They admitted they never fitted the extractor and never even test fired it...it jammed so tight I had to POUND the gun open with a round nearly chambered. Why on earth would I do that again?

Larry