Thoughts on the Zeiss Conquest line of scopes?

Rockrivr1

I'm looking at a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor that comes with a Zeiss Conquest Hd5 5-25x50 scope. It's the magnification I want, but don't have much experience with the Zeiss Conquest scope line. They seem to have decent reviews, but wondering if people here have them and what their thoughts are.

Thanks

T. O'Heir

It appears there is no 5-25x50 scope. There is a Conquest V6 5-30x50. 27.9 ounces though. Probably not an issue for a target rifle. Mind you, anything with Zeiss on it is way out my price range. Supposedly the best optics on the planet though.

Ben Dover

The conquest line is their low cost alternative to a real Zeiss. They're competitive with Leupold, but they're not high end scopes.

Scorch

The Zeiss Conquest line is the lower cost line of Zeiss scopes, assembled in the USA (not Germany). They are about on par with most scopes in their price range, extremely bright and clear, but nothing super special. The ranging reticle tells you how far it is supposed to be good fo trajectory compensation (Z5 = 500 yds, Z8= 800 yds and so on).

jmr40

I'm not certain where all of the Conquest scopes are made. The 3-9X40 Conquest was actually a rebadged Meopta scope made from European parts and assembled here. The price ranged from $400-$550 over the years, but when Zeiss dropped that line of scope I saw them closed out at as little as $250. That scope is still showing up on Meopta's website. They have sold it under other various names over the years, but I don't know if it is still in production or not. At any rate it is a step up compared to Leupold.

The other Conquest scopes retail between $800-$1900, that fits my definition of high end. I don't know for sure where those are made, but had always assumed the other Conquests were made in Germany. The only "budget" offering was the 3-9X40 and to my knowledge was the only one not actually made by Zeiss.

bn12gg

For a decade I have used a ZConquest on a Browning Safari 30 06. The scope is a 3 x 9 40. The glass has held up just fine. No complaints.

.02. David. :)

Ben Dover

The Conquest is a good, solid medium price scope. It will serve most folks well.

But do not get the idea that it's a "true" Zeiss, like their $2500-$3500 models.

Bottom Gun

I had a couple of the Conquests but was disappointed with them so I replaced them with Kahles and Swarovski scopes.
In my opinion, you would be better off buying a Leupold or Nikon than a Conquest, which I feel is over-rated.