Thoughts on the 320c....

Mastrogiacomo

Just handled one in the shop today, felt heavy, and quite noticeably top heavy, in particular. The Ruger 1911 9mm felt great and I'll probably make that my next gun. What have been your impressions when handling the gun?

Laura

ritepath

I like the feel of the 320 compact, but dislike the 320 sub compact grip length.

Load up those mags and the gun stops feeling top heavy.

TunnelRat

I think a full steel pistol versus a polymer and steel pistol might balance differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaim

I think most polymer pistols when empty feel a bit top heavy. My SIG P250 Compact (basically the same as the 320 but mine is a hammer fired pistol while the 320 is striker fired) feels top heavy when unloaded, but feels fine with 10 rounds of .45ACP loaded up. It is wonderful to shoot at the range, quite accurate, comfortable to shoot, and reliable.

IMightBeWrong

I think that too many people buy guns over silly things like balance. The P320 Compact is a good defensive/fighting pistol. I bought one myself as I wanted something around the Glock 19 size that didn't have finger grooves or grind my middle knuckle. It's bound to have a huge aftermarket due to the military contract and from all I've seen the guns are dead nuts reliable and well made. I like 1911s but I don't carry them. They sure do balance great, but they have a low capacity for their weight and are more complicated beasts to take care of. Gotta break many of them in, many aren't reliable out of the box, often shooters have to buy a few different types of mags and carry ammo to find a combo that works, etc... When picking a carry pistol, I really recommend looking for something that has (lemons aside) a reputation for just working out of the box. Getting used to the feel, balance, etc is a training and familiarity issue.

qwiksdraw

this is the first time I read about the P320C is top heavy, which is something I never noticed. My experience is the P320 has excellent ergonomics, a fantastic trigger and is easy to learn to shoot accurately. I even bought a P320 subcompact for everyday carry, because I like a smaller gun for carry.

Here is a good podcast where the P320 (also Sig 229 Legion and M11-A1) is discussed:

http://www.handgunworld.com/episode-383-shooting-and-talking-sig-pistols-with-jeff-from-sachse-tx/

sigarms228

Top heavy or bottom heavy, it makes no difference to me. How it shoots for me is what counts. I did try a P320 Compact and loved shooting it.