Thoughts on Taurus 85UL

mini14jac

Had one. (Stainless, .38)
Loved it.
Wish I hadn't sold it.

I was very pleased with the trigger.
I've never been very impressed with the accuracy of a .38 snub, but the UL was as accurate as my wife's S&W Airweight.
The Taurus was easier to shoot because it has better grips.
(Exposed backstrap on the S&W.)
It was tight, well finished, and (to me) a really handsome gun.

I think Taurus has most of their revolver line just about perfect.

Kentucky Rifle

I own a 731UL..

..and my wife owns a Total Ti 85. Both are the same size and are great pistols. I really never thought those ports in the "Tauri" did anything. However, in watching my wife fire her Ti 85 and then fire my S&W of the same size and caliber, her Taurus really did have less muzzle flip. (And the S&W was heavier!)

KR

DDGator

85 Police

People are probably getting tired me me raving about this gun. I have the 85 "Police" that is titanium and ultralight (the two tone finish) -- 13 oz. The gun is fantastic. Great trigger. Very accurate -- like driving tacks. I have the ported version and it is easy to shoot even with full-house +P ammo.

My Dad just bought a 85 UL in stainless new for $299 -- that is a great price. I usually see them closer to $350.

Arub

I have the standard UL model, alloy frame with steel barrel and cylinder liners. Works great, shoots great, light, and fits my hand well. Action is very good, at or near Smith quality. With standard grips, it fits my hand and feels more comfortable than my Smith model 60. It's a frequent carry gun in the summer months.

gbelleh

I have a stainless 85UL and I like it a lot.
I put the Taurus rosewood grips on it. It's been a great little gun.