Thoughts on Sig Pro p2340 .40

donglock26

Hi Everyone,

What are your thoughts on the Sig Pro p2340 in .40 for a Police service handguns? The smooth trigger and two sizes of grips seem to be pluses. My P.D. is looking at the Glock .40's and the Sig Pro.

Thanks in advance

croyance

A friend of mine has one of these, and I have shot it extensively.

I find that it works well. It is accurate and reliable. I find the recoil snappy, but that is my general impressioin of .40 S&W handguns. It has fed all the store bought ammo we feed through it, including hollowpoints. Never a hiccup.

Most complaints seem to boil down to the fact that is is not a P-series SIG. True, it is not, but it was not intended to be. It was designed as a lower cost alternative, and it fits this role well.

As a mid-sized gun it can be concealled if care is used, and preforms as well as a full sized gun.

Those who are not "gunnies" may not appreciate the reassembly, which requires the slide stop to be put through the swinging barrel link, ala 1911. It is more forgiving than the 1911 since the eyelet for the barrel link is an elongated teardrop shape. Not really an issue to me, but than again I chose to own 1911's.