Thoughts on a trade

iblong

I have a taurus 617 7 shot 357 Mag 2" Stainless w/ported barrel in like new condition that I picked up for my wife to use for practice,her carry is a ul 38 special but extended practice becomes painfull so I picked up the 28oz 617 to lighten the recoil.
the thought was good but its not working out due to hand fit. reach is to long for her and she does'nt like the weight.Its actually a pretty nice gun and shoots very well and has a suprisingly decent trigger.Id keep it but I probably would not carry it.I have a airweight body guard that I carry and m&p 9 if I want to carry something 28oz.I have a friend who has a NAA guardian 380 that he had customised including action work ect.He wants to trade even up.Im not a huge 380 fan but I dont own one.What do you guys think? whould it be easier to get rid of the Gaurdian down the road than the Taurus,I only have 325.00 in the Taurus.
Thanks,Bob.

ChicagoTex

How's your wife like the Guardian?

I'd do the swap in a heartbeat, but I'm not the one being bought (traded) for.

iblong

She loves her 38spl but since shes been shooting my M&P9 shes been talking about trying a small semi auto.She carries every day she wont even go to the mail box without it.Either way she wont carry the 617 if I sell it out right Id probably pick up a M&P 9C or Kahr cw9.

Sevens

I would find more use for the larger Taurus than the small NAA .380, and I doubt your wife would like the heavy weight of that NAA .380, either. But if you don't plan to use the large Taurus and you only have $325 in it, why not give the NAA a twirl?

You say you won't carry it -- will you use it as a fun shooting gun on a range day? I can't imagine going to the range and pulling out snubbies for pleasure shooting. YES, practice and train with your carry gun. But for fun, enjoyable plinking and relaxing shooting? For that, I'd keep the larger wheelgun.

Seems like a toss-up. But in the end... if nobody will end up shooting or carrying the NAA .380, seems like the larger revolver would be a better tool to have laying around.

iblong

The 617 was bought for her practice use only she picked it out but in the end didnt care for it.Range guns are the gp100,1911,and the M&P fullsize,and uaually a couple hundred rounds through the snubbies.The 617 is nice but k frame in size and at 28 0z.not that light for IWB carry.and way to big for pocket carry.good night stand pistol though.
Bob.