Those with Walther P99s who want full capacity magazines.

cslinger

I just ordered a few full capacity 9mm factory magazines for my Walther P99 from Robert Johnson. He posts in the buy and sell forums from time to time.

I spoke to his Mom on the phone and she was absolutely wonderful to deal with. Friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful.

The price was very good compared to other sources I have found and if everything comes in as I expect it to I will have fullfilled my full capacity fetish on my only high capacity handgun.

I will update this thread when the magazines arrive, but from the praise I have read here about those who have dealt with him I have little worry.

Just wanted to give a heads up to those P99 owners new and old who may be looking for good priced full capacity mags. I was told these are not the Turkish mags but are the original factory pre-bans.

Hope this helps.
Chris

PsychoSword

If they are original factory mags and not Turkish mags they should have a 16 round witness hole rather than a 15. Turkey has a ban on gun magazines that hold more than 15. The Turkish mags are the same as the factory mags otherwise except for the baseplate.

People who are selling preban Turk mags have replaced the original factory baseplate made for the Turkish market with a new 16 round baseplate.

Onslaught

Interesting... Thanks Psychosword. I'll have to check mine when I get home.

I never hesitate to buy from Robert. He's a straight-up guy.

M700

I emailed Robert last week about these mags....they are the turkish ones. They have a 15 round witness hole.

PsychoSword

That's what I figured....but it really doesn't matter they work the same and they are factory mags. I have heard that there are some actual 16 round prebans that were imported by some company a few months ago, but I've never seen any myself.

PsychoSword

Also, from what I understand Beretta 92 mags work fine in the P99. I believe some small modification has to be made, but I can't remember what.

Onslaught

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80836

I think the conclusion was that they functioned, but they stick out the bottom, so I don't consider that an actual "fit". You also have to have a new notch cut for them. I suppose it would be handy if you had a P99 and a Kel-Tec Sub2000 that took Beretta mags for interchangeability's sake, or if you already had a Beretta and pre-ban mags.

FWIW, Robert's mags hold 16 rounds, fit flush, have the correct P99 baseplate, etc.... I still haven't tried the function of my .40 P99 mags in wifey's 9mm P99. They certainly do fit, and they hold 14 rounds, but the rounds will pop out very easily. I don't have any "spare" mags for my P99/40 yet, so I'm not bending any feedlips. For now, 2-16 rounders in the 9mm is plenty.

I have four mags I bought from Robert. Mec-gar,excellent quality, work fine. They are the "Turkish" mags, but do hold 16 rnds. I paid $70 per, that is the price he has in his current post here on TFL.