Thompson Contender Price Check

sarge83

I have a friend who has a TC with a .357 Max. barrel and a Thompson Center mounted red dot scope. I have looked at the TC and he has stored in the original box and it looks brand new, one box of shells through the gun. He is asking $650 for the pistol and 8 boxes of .357 Max. ammunition.

Good deal?

kyle663

tc

i bought a T/C contender with 41 mag and 357 max barrels, laser sight and a scope all like new for 625. problem is you have to be a reloader to shoot the 357 max. a few exotic makers still load it but its mostly a reloaders caliber now. i traded my 357 max barrel for another gun.

s4s4u

Well, the gun may be worth about $350 to $400. You can get a brand new G-2 Contender with barrel of choice for around $450 + or -. The ammo may be worth nearly as much, to the right person, if original Remington 158 grain stock. They haven't made that stuff in years and it does have collector value. You can buy "custom" Max ammo from places like Reeds Ammuniton and Research for about $12 for a box of 20, so the face value for 8 boxes of 50 would be around $240. All in all I'd say it's a bit high, for a shooter (gun and ammo) but we all start high so there's room to come down. Offer $550 and go from there.

They haven't made that stuff in years and it does have collector value.

really??? I have 3 different guns in 357 max, & shot up 6-8 boxes of remingtom ammo just to get the brass for reloading ( they were 158 grain, & I don't shoot 158 grin in 357 Max )... I still have one box left that I saved... whats the going price ???

BTW... I already have 1000 Winchester brass, & about 500 Remngton brass, so I guess I don't need to shoot up that last box, just for the brass...;)