Thompson Center predator venture

Boogershooter

My son looked at one of these this morning and really likes it. I looked at it and it felt really light. So I did a quick search and found some old threads but that was in 2010. T/c says it's a 6 3/4 # rifle but it felt alot lighter than that to me. It has the 5r rifling and a pretty stiff stock to be thin plastic. Has anybody shot one of these? Not interested in comparing to other budget rifles as I have quite a few. I just havnt shot one of these. I don't even know anybody that owns one. They just aren't popular down here.

Cowboy_mo

Haven't shot the Predator model but have had the T/C Venture in .30-06 for about 5 years.

It shoots very well and mine definitely is heavy that what you stated. I have been pretty happy with it.

reynolds357

Not the predator, but I have a Venture in 270WSM and .308 Win. The .308 shoots 1/2 inch at 100 5 shot groups. If you go much past 5 shots, the barrel heat trashes the group. The 270 WSM is barely sub minute for 3 shot groups. It is definitely not sub MOA for 5 shot groups. I will admit that I have not spent any considerable time looking for a pet load for the WSM. I had to polish the chamber on the WSM. It was one of the worst chambers I have seen in modern production rifles. Shooting Winchester BST factory loads, you could not eject the fired brass without using a rod to tap it out. You could not eject it by pulling on the bolt. You could bang on the bolt handle, and the ejector would turn loose of the brass before the brass would break free. WAY TO GO S&W for cutting awesome chambers.:rolleyes:

taylorce1

Had a T/C Venture for awhile in .270 Win. Very accurate rifle but I didn't really care for the DBM and the bolt handle. I never had any issues with the rifle and liked my other accurate .270 rifles better so I sent it down the road. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another T/C rifle if I thought it was what I needed.