This is bad...

Friar Whently

So after much reading, renting/shooting and gun fondling over the past few weeks, I just purchased my first gun yesterday evening; a new Beretta 92fs. I shot it for the first time today, putting 100 rounds through it. It was awesome.

On my drive home I started thinking "Man, I need to get a .22 so I could shoot longer on the cheap. I could probably use a nice .357 revolver to live in the nightstand by the bed too. And when I get my CC permit, being the small-framed guy that I am, I'll probably need a smaller gun than my Beretta to carry. And I'll also need...etc...etc..."

What have I gotten myself into?

lamarw

A situation where you need to consider reloading to lower your shooting expenses.

Glad to hear you like your new Beretta.

sigcurious

Agreed, no cure, only treatment. I just had two treatments this week and I'm still jonesing :eek: Then again hopefully that will lessen when I can actually pick up my new purchases.

shurshot

You have the sickness. Welcome to the Clinic, but don't expect a cure. The only way to make the itch subside (and it won't go away for long), is to buy another gun.

Be advised, the BEST deals, be they from friends, gun shops or at gun shows, only appear when you are FLAT BROKE. If you have a thousand or so tucked aside, or in your pocket... no real deal will be found. Nothing. EVER. The prices will ALWAYS be higher when you have money.

Why, I don't know, but that is just the way it is....:rolleyes:

By a Gun Digest and start reading every night before bed.

Last edited:

mo84

I find it is best to introduce your friends to this addiction, that way you and your friends can all pitch in to feed the addiction. You also have a better chance to try some different product because they will usually like different types than you

.40cal

LOL! Welcome to the problem that we all have.:D

I have never even gotten close to curing my "sickness". But that's just the beginning . . . you will start purchasing all types of ammo for every firearm you own, accessories that you don't need, and two or three holsters for each, some of which you will never wear.

I haven't even started reloading yet . . . just ask these guys, that's a completely different disease!:cool:

" Hello, my name is Scott, I am a gun-a-holic. My weapon of choice is a Glock but I like all types of handguns. In a pinch, a derringer will do but I need to feel that explosion in my hands"

OEF-Vet

Gunoholic

Hi my name is Jim and I'm a gunoholic:rolleyes:

Welcome to the club man. Have you tried rifles yet? Man there bigger and shoot further. What about shotguns? They are fun and, great for skeet and birds.

The only things that keep me from having one of every make and model are my wife and budget:D

JWT

A new addition to the 'family' is always advisable if the itch starts to get unbearable. No rationale required.

Cheapshooter

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the addiction.
Next step, reloading, then a C&R license to get the best deals on current milsurp arms. Then buying surplus ammo by the case to feed them.
It's a wonderful world!!!

rep1954

Friar Whently, Yeah you got it bad but I got it 30 times worse than you. Oh by the way welcome to the forum.

sgms

It's started. Time to decide where you can put a safe, you might also want to decide where the next one and maybe a third can fit in. Plan ahead, gun tend to multiply, become a collection, and really need a place to stay, and they like to snuggle up with others of their own kind. Welcome to the brotherhood man.

NickW

"Be advised, the BEST deals, be they from friends, gun shops or at gun shows, only appear when you are FLAT BROKE. If you have a thousand or so tucked aside, or in your pocket... no real deal will be found. Nothing. EVER. The prices will ALWAYS be higher when you have money.

Why, I don't know, but that is just the way it is...."

Amen Brother.... Truer words have never been spoken.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I spent a LOT of time thinking and researching before I bought my first gun. I wanted to make sure it would be a good choice for virtually any application I might need and I was extremely concerned about long term durability.

The second purchase was a lot easier and faster... :D