this is apathy....

The Tourist

To me, this smells like missiles in Cuba.

In other words, our worst enemy wants to create allies as near to us as they can.

And it's very easy to sneak into the USA from Mexico.

TwoXForr

The one thing that unifies them is the dislike (or in some cases outright hatred) they have of us. Say we (the US) was gone how long would it be before the Islamic Terrorists turned thier attention towards the Hispanic Catholics to either convert or kill them.

But that is long term, right now all they see is the Americans are keeping them both down so why not team up to teach the bully a lesson.

Vermont

In other words, our worst enemy wants to create allies as near to us as they can.

Yes, and it is very easy to sneak in to Iran from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Oman and Saudi Arabia (last three via Persian Gulf), all governments which are allied with the United States (we have troops in most) and which share a border with Iran (or at least are only a short boat ride away).

The point is, we are encroaching on Iran a lot more then they are encroaching on us. I don't think Iran visiting with Mexico should be compared to the Cuban Missile Crisis nor do I think it is something to be concerned about in the least. I have a feeling that Mexico is much more interested in being allied with the United States than with Iran.

Last edited:

Mainah

I'm more concerned about Iran and Chavez, but that doesn't exactly keep me up at night. Iran and Rusia is unsettling, but I don't see a real future in any alliance with Iran- they're going to implode on their own.

TTTTglock

I agree, I dont exactly think it's the Zimmerman note or anything, not that there was much fruition to that anyhow.

Pat H

Worst enemy? Did you really imply that Iran is the worst enemy of America?

Please tell me I misread that.

LightningJoe

Did you really imply that Iran is the worst enemy of America?

They've been fighting us since 1979. They've got a shelf-life that's about to run out (demographically and economically) but they won't likely get less dangerous as they get closer to the cliff.

TwoXForr

The only reason for this
Mexico is much more interested in being allied with the United States than with Iran

is like any good thief they don't want to work to hard to steal from a prosperous "friend".