This doesn’t happen very often!

Mike38

I installed a new El’cheap-o Centerfire brand scope on a .223 single shot. To true the vertical cross hair, all I did was set up the rifle on the floor on it’s bipod, use a bubble level on the scope mount to make sure it was square with the world, look threw the scope down the hallway, and used a door jam in my bedroom as a vertical live. Then tightened up the scope.

I took it to the 100 yard range and shot a few groups to get a 100 yard zero. Then set up a target 30 inches tall by 12 inches wide with a vertical line, and a small circle in the middle of the line for the aim point. I shot a five round group at the middle circle to confirm zero. Added 10 MOA up on the scope and shot a five round group. Then went 20 MOA down, (or ten down from zero) and shot another five round group.

All three groups centered on the vertical line! That’s amazing being my scope squaring method was very primitive.

The only thing I noticed, and it’s not that big a deal, is 10 MOA on the scope knobs works out to be about 11 MOA on paper. Other then that, I am surprisingly happy. The scope returned to my 100 yard zero, so it’s all good.

4runnerman

I had one(first scope i bought). They are very good scopes i also mounted it on a 223. Did you get the 16 power one?. I only upgraded to get a stronger scope.
It also held zero very well and was extreamly accurate for a 79.00 scope. Wallmart special.

4runnerman

Yes 600 yards willbe the test. I finally went and got a scope mount level kit yesterday.I was shooting very tight groups so it was a eye opener to find out that my scope was kitty wampas mounted by just a smidgen. Should be intresting next time out. But,yes the difference will show up at greater distances. 100 yards is to close to call it right yet. Don't ya all just love english??? kitty wampas,smidgen,,,What a great language we have EH????

warbirdlover

I replaced my 3-9 x 40 Nikon with a Mueller 4-16 X 50 with the lighted dot and it's the best scope I've ever had. It has dials for setting zero with 1/8" clicks instead of 1/4". Clearer, brighter and just plain better then the Nikon Monarch. And the Nikon was better then the comparable Leupold I looked at. I have a friend who is a gun dealer (sports shop) and could (and has) put any scope he wants on his personal guns. This includes all the big dollar German scopes and everything else in between. ALL his guns have Meuller scopes on them. And that guy is the best shot I've ever seen in my life.

http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MU41650IGR

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/warbirdlover/deer/gun1.jpg