Vortex Crossfire 2-7x32

Total cost as pictured $720

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 196

ballardw

I keep thinking about a camouflage treatment on one of my rifles but I lose my eyeglasses while wearing them so often I would be afraid of ever putting the rifle down...

rickyrick

How durable is the camouflage job, and how much does it cost?
I have a coyote gun that I’ve been wanting to camouflage.

redhawk41

No idea yet on the durability as I just put it on this week. Seems like it sticks pretty good though so I imagine it will get scuffed and scratched and some minor tears but won’t peel off in any significant manner. Cost is $68. There is a bit of a learning curve to the installation but good videos on YouTube to show you how.

redhawk41

Finally got to the range. First of all my bore sighting was terrible; the first shot wasn’t even on the paper at 25 yards! But got that squared away and the second issue is the scope rings are way to low so going to try something different there. Also had a ladder of hand loads with 60 gr FMJ and figured out what minimum powder charge is needed to cycle the action. Finally, gun groups as good as I can shoot it right now which is right around 2 moa.

All-in-all I think once I get it dialed in this will be a good (mostly coyote) hunting and truck rifle.