this a good price for a ruger 10/22

revinkevin

sports authority has ruger 10/22s for $170. is this a good price? its a standard blued barrel and reciever and wood stock.

kymasabe

Not a bad price. I paid $174 plus tax for my 10/22 carbine from Walmart. Same gun sells for around $200 at my local gunshop. I've heard of some guys getting theirs on-sale at some big retailers for around $159 but I'm not so sure that waiting weeks (or months) for a sale or driving halfway across the state for the cheapest 10/22 is worth it to save $11.
You want it? Buy it!

bdarin

I paid $175 for mine last winter. I love that damn gun! Lightweight, easy to load, fun to shoot. I can even tolerate the occasional jam from a slow ejecting shell. Taught my daughter to shoot with it and she loves it too.:D

kozak6

See if you can find a good used one.

Two or three weeks ago, my brother picked up a 10/22 in fantastic condition for $125.

Taurus_9mm

Pretty fair price I'd say. The new ones at my local gunshops go for around
$200.00. A lightly used one in good condition would be a good option too, unless you just had to have a brand new one. :) I think my next one will have the stainless barrel and a synthetic stock. :D

Hans

Seems to me to be a fair price, and even if you pay more, it will be well worth it. They are more fun than any other firearm I've ever used, although I do have a somewhat limited experience...

skeeter1

I'd say that's an honest price.

I just got to shoot a 10/22 last week, standard model with the barrel band, and that's terrific little plinker. Go for it!

22-rimfire

My 10/22 is the so called deluxe model with the walnut stock which costs more. It is a really nice little 22 rifle. If I want to burn some 22 ammo plinking it is on of the 22's that I grab.

Your price on the standard model seems about right. If I bought another one, I'd get the Wally World stainless model.

hksigwalther

In NE OH, $170-$180 is pretty much the regular price for NIB at big chain retailers. $150-$160 on sale. Above $180 for private gun shops.

revinkevin

thanks for all the input i plan on putting one of these stocks on it :) and a scope and let her rip!
Ruger-10-22_Pistol_Grip.jpg

my buddy has one with this stock its one of the funnest guns ive ever shot.