Thinking about my first SBR

P99AS9

I'm thinking about getting my first SBR. I'm really interested in the ATI GSG-5 MP5 clone in 22LR. I'm wondering about what is the best way to do this. I was thinking I should just get the pistol version and putting a stock on it, but when I see pictures of it, it looks a little silly, and the barrel length is still not that of an MP5. Now I'm wondering if I'm better off getting the carbine and having the barrel shortened. I want it to look as much like an MP5 as possible. Opinions?

Pistol version with stock put on:

img_gsg5.JPG

Carbine with shortened barrel:

gsg51gy9.jpg

DaveInPA

I think the AR platform is the best to SBR because you can shoot .223/5.56 AND .22LR with one Form 1/tax stamp.

durian

I think the AR platform is the best to SBR because you can shoot .223/5.56 AND .22LR with one Form 1/tax stamp.

Dave is correct. I went that route. It's more flexible. But if you have your heart set on a GSG (I have one as well) then the most expedient route (and cost effective) is the pistol. You can always change that bad looking flash hider.

The cutting the carbine route entails spending the $ to have the barrel cut and crowned.

P99AS9

I do have my heart set on the GSG and I already have an AR with a .22 upper.

Thank you durian for your opinion. I didn't even think about removing the flash hider :eek: