Thinking About Changing My P938 To Single Sided Safety

Joe_Pike

I carry a Sig P938 a lot and carry it in the pocket and I somehow knock the safety off every once in a while. So, I'm thinking of changing the safety to a P238 hammer pin and safety. Have any of you done this and is it pretty easy to do. I'll probably get the parts form Top Gun Supply since I have heard it is sometimes a pain to get them direct from Sig.

Ibmikey

Parts are readily available from Sig, I have received my orders within a week of placing them. Be careful you do not loos e the spring and detent under the left safety lever once you have removed the grip.

RickB

There's no way I could accidentally disengage the safety on my P938.
The lever is so small and unfavorably located, and the detent so positive, that getting it disengaged intentionally is the issue.

sixgunluv

Changing to a single sided safety was the first thing i did.....easy to do. Just order the P238 safety and hammer pivot pin from topgunsupply as mentioned. Very easy to change with minimal skill required.

Having to keep the Ambi safety would have been a deal breaker for me as it was incredibly annoying because it dug into my knuckle on the underside of my index finger.

Last edited: