Thinking about bobtailing my SW1911sc...which gunsmiths do it?

glockopop

I know that Gemini Customs and Wilson Combat will both do bobtail conversions, but I'd like to know who else does. I'm pretty well happy with the gun otherwise, just would like to make my near-perfect carry gun perfect. Who's had this done, who did it for you, approximate costs, things I should know, etc.?

Officer's Match

I don't know myself but will bump this back to the top to say that I'd love to have what you're attempting to build. It would be a sweet carry piece.

rellascout

Wild West Guns can do it.

Stainlessbobtail.jpg

rugernut

i had my champion done at springfield. they do real good work and they will work on any brands and they are pretty fast. give them a call.

KyJim

Ed Brown does not do custom work on other brand pistols. He produces his own line and offers very few options. He originated the bobtail and offers some model bobtails.

tplumeri

another stupid question

ok, im sitting here springfield in hand trying to figure out why i want a bobtail.
can someone enlighten me?
thanks

Wildalaska

Gonna be tough to refinish that frame after its bobbed....probably teflon only..

WildowellifyouwantitdonecallmeAlaska TM

glockopop

Yeah, I'm sure it's gonna be a pretty spendy proposition with the necessary refinish. I'd like to get some ballpark of how much I need to save up for. I'll probably be in touch in a few days, Wild.

Officer's Match

"Gonna be tough to refinish that frame after its bobbed....probably teflon only.."

I'm not that familiar with Scandium alloy, but does it require a finish?

rellascout

Yeah, I'm sure it's gonna be a pretty spendy proposition with the necessary refinish. I'd like to get some ballpark of how much I need to save up for. I'll probably be in touch in a few days, Wild.

Man I really need to start getting commission on these leads. :D

Rellascout

WildIexpectasuperspecialdealonacustomcoltcomenextyearAlaska

tegemu

I had my S&W Scandium Commander Bobtailed by On Target Custom Gunworks www.ontargetcgw.com go to their site and look in the 1911 Gallery in the Smith and Wesson bobtail box. There is a series fo pictures of my pistol in work and completed. They did beautiful work quickly and reasonably, keeping in contact with me all the way. I can highly recommend them. I also have a Colt Commander XSE that I had Bobtailed by Wild West Guns www.wildwestguns.com (Wild Alaska's shop). They too did superb work at a good price. Check with them both they are both great to work with and you will be very pleased with their work.