Thinking about a new gun

thesheepdog

Hey guys,

I have some extra money coming in this week and I am thinking about buying a new gun.
First let me tell you what I have:
DDM4
Grendel Upper + loading supplies
Marlin 925M
Benelli Nova 12g
Springfield XD .357 Sig
Taurus PT1911
Enfield Carbine

I honestly feel I have a good arsenal, but I am open to other suggestions.

My thoughts were maybe a 9mm Glock/XD for practice purposes or a SD revolver.

Thanks for your ideas........

RickB

How about a single action? Ruger Blackhawk?
Nothing rimfire? Ruger 10/22, or rimfire AR upper.
I might trade that XD for either a 9 or .40 something. The XDM is nice.

CWKahrFan

You mentioned SD revolver. Do you conceal carry? How about somethin' small and light? Ruger LCR for example (.38 OR .357 now)... I couldn't get by without at least one small, light, convenient CC gun.

ML41887

New gun Recommendations

Ruger 10/22, not because it's special at all but they're cheap and really fun to shoot, and cheap to customize also.

A Remington 700 or Mauser 98 in your favorite caliber.

How about a .22 pistol. Pick whatever you like but Beretta's 87 Target is not only a great shooter but it's really cool too.

How about indulging in a Single Action revolver. Your buds will probably laugh and call you Wyatt Earp but who cares they are so cool.

If you want to get a 9mm, I'd strongly recommend either a Sig or a Browning Hi-Power. Not only because they're so much better of a weapon than a glock, IMO, but go to gunbroker and look at the nearly 1800 glocks up for auction and about 40 of them have a bid. Now look up Sig P226 or Browning Hi-Power. If you ever get tired of it and want to trade up...good luck.

Last thing, get rid of that Benelli and get a Beretta. An old banged up AL390 will out last a brand new Benelli, even the Vinci. I have a Benelli but the only reason I bought it was that it's a Benelli stamped HK.

Just my thoughts. I hope it helps.

thesheepdog

Ok I have a rimfire (marlin) and I am keeping my Benelli because it was my very first gun.

Now about CCW, yes I have my license and toting a full size pistol is a pain sometimes; usually in warmer weather.

boredom

i would suggest a sig p226. that gun looks and feels awesome in my hands, and is next up on my list.