Thin grips for 1911

Scaramanga

Does anyone make thin 1911 grips with a flat bottom to match a magwell? I was hoping to avoid the gap between the cut-out on the grips and the top of a magwell. I currently use Smith and Alexander grips, which look great, but are too thick for my girlie hands. :D

------------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Rosco Benson

Both the AFS Slim-Tech stocks and the McCormick Slim Stocks have the bevel at the bottom.

A few years ago, when putting together a 1911 that was going to have a S&A magwell, I asked Craig Spegel if he could make me a set of his thinner-than-standard "Hackathorn style" stocks flat-bottomed...so as to butt up against the S&A magwell. Spegel said he could, but that with thin stocks the sides of the magwell would protrude out past the stocks and look funny. I just went with standard thickness stocks.

Rosco

VictorLouis

I have a set of full-diamond S&A's in black Micarta. He said that he wasn't going to catalog them routinely, as the reduced length screws and bushings were too costly to order. I orderd a set of hardware from McCormick, which fit S&A's panels just fine. I told Mr. A, and encouraged him to possibly work out something w/Chip. I don't know if he still offers them. BTW. they are NOT cut out to access the mainspring housing pin, which is much more tasteful, IMO.