They gotta be kidding..right??

Redlg155

This is on the Cabelas Catalog. The Hastings "Metro" barrel extension. It adds 32" to your barrel. You get 85% better patterns at 40 yards.
i224961hz01.jpg

I wonder...anyone purchase one of these?? Perhaps for home defense? :D

Good SHooting
RED

Hunter Rose

I can already see the procedure for changing chokes...

1) verify action open and gun unloaded
2) lean gun against tree, muzzle up
3)climb tree...

:D

foghornl

With that barrel, you can shove the 'bad guy' off your deck/back porch without going outside......:D :D

Although, I really can't see much other use for that barrel. :confused:

Hkmp5sd

Could be an "Anti-Suicide" shotgun. You'd have to pull the trigger with your toe. Higher degree of difficulty.

Redlg155

If the Anti's have their way it will be the new minimum barrel length!:eek:

I just might get one for a novelty item. I'll show up at the next skeet shoot with one and see what they say!:D

Good SHooting
RED

MessedUpMike

That could be interesting for skeet, just wack the targets with the barrel instead if shooting at them. would make for a real savings in ammo. On the downside I foresee a furture of trap shooters feeling that the 25yd line is no longer a suffcient handicap and shooing from the parking lot!

Mike

Ben Swenson

I still want someone to screw two end to end on their shotgun and walk around a gun show. Maybe they could put an American flag on the end of the barrel.

Ledbetter

Why?

Maybe you get a "Y" yoke on a pole and prop up the shotgun, waiting for a goose to fly into your "window of death."

Just like the old Punt guns that were mounted on the prows of small boats. One pointed the boat at the waterfowl and with one blast, wiped out dozens.

Baba Louie

Reminds me of the 12" barreled handguns w/ wrist rocket brace that the British are ALLOWED to now own.

I guess it's basic purpose is to "knock" the birds out of the air, literally. (Actually they probably fall from the sky laughing theor beaks off)

And I thought my Dad's 30" Win 97 goose gun was bad.

Adios

PaladinVC

I thought they found that longer barrels don't have the pattern-tightening effect they were believed to. I'm no expert, but I can't think of any way that an extra 32" of barrel will improve your shot patterns, unless it's Andrew's explanation. :) Doesn't the choke have more to do with that sort of thing than barrel length?

El Rojo

This is a definite lawsuit waiting to happen. Why?
The "Metro" Barrel Extension is an innovative 32", fully ported, screw-in barrel extension that reduces the report of your shotgun by as much as 50% (more when using subsonic loads).
This is obviously advertising that caters to criminals. Only a criminal would want to shoot a "quieter" shotgun. Basically this is the kind of shotgun gang bangers are going to start using in drive bys. I mean who else is going to be driving around a vehicle big enough to conceal this thing in other than someone driving their six fo down Crenshaw on a Saturday night?

Hkmp5sd

It makes one wonder if the technical brain surgeons in congress and at ATF will now come up with a new catagory of NFA weapons, the "Extra Long Barreled Shotgun" as opposed to a short barreled shotgun or a sporting shotgun.

Actually, if I can come up with these wonderful ideas, maybe I should be in congress! Nah.