There's A New Ruger 1911 On The Horizon

geetarman

Looks pretty good. I have the full size and commander size now in all stainless. I doubt that I would buy the alloy frame.

hodaka

Yes, I like the two tone look. I shoot my Commander a lot and do not find it too heavy to carry. I don't need an alloy frame.

Elerius

Yeah, when they start making a bright blued version, I'll buy one. I'm tired of stainless EVERYTHING these days.

KyJim

I usually carry a 1911 IWB due to dress restrictions at work and usually slip it in the top desk drawer. Yesterday I carried an aluminum frame 1911 in a Mitch Rosen OWB holster all day (a day off). I quite literally forgot I had the gun on -- not sure that would be the case with an all-steel gun.

Strafer Gott

I frequently carry a Colt LWC in .38 Super. Colt metallurgy is the challenge to Ruger. Ruger gets good marks with cast steel. How they do with an aluminum framed 1911 is unknown. At least to me.

Elerius

I'm hoping with all those new lines they promised, there will be some things that I actually want. Perhaps they will start bluing again, and for more than 1911's. We'll see what the Shot Show really has in store, with any luck

seeker_two

If Ruger ever decides to make a 9mm 1911, I hope they use this platform. The titanium feed ramp should be easy to make for 9mm...which should keeping manufacturing costs down.