There's a bad S&W bug going around..... (and I just got it)

bennnn

Pretty sure I caught it hanging around a certian gunshop too Much...

Model 15-2 1968, original serial # grip scales. It actually looks unfired, according to my friendly neighborhood S&W dealer... that glare under the cylinder release isn't a scuff, just some weird light. The pics hardly do this beauty justice.

Now that I have it, I'm kind of thinking it's a little too nice for me, I traded into it, kind of on a whim. I was really looking for a stainless or nickle J frame.... I'm almost scared to breath on it, I just know I'm going to ding it up. My guns need to be coated, stainless, or have been through a war....

Sweet though. Enjoy.

DSC00464.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

amd6547

I have wanted a model 15 snub to pair with my four inch model 15...but I am going to have to settle for this model 19-4 nickle instead:
DSC01514.jpg

jglsprings

Your right... it is too nice for you! :D

Send it to me pronto and I'll be glad to reimbuse you for shipping! :rolleyes:

What a score!! It sure is a beauty!!

Is this your first K frame? If it is, the next thing that will happen is that you will start buying other K frame friends for it!

PitBull

I've had the bug before and it lasted about 1 1/2 year. The first one was a 1977 vintage mod 29, 8 3/8", NIB with the wooden box. After that another 29 but with 6.5" barrel made in 1970. The last was a 1959 model 17 with a 6" (or 6.5") barrel.
All are blued.
It ended and I went back to semi-autos before I got to get the two others that I had dearly wanted; a 3.5 or 5" model 27 and a 6" mod 57.
It's pretty much been all semi-autos since but lately I've had a little re-occurrence of Smithandwessonrevolveritis again.
Hopefully it'll pass before it costs me anything more than ammo for the ones I have.

mdd

I inherited a very nice 15-4 with nickel finish from my grandfather. Luckily he's still here but moved into an assisted living place where he obviously could not take his guns.

fmcdave

I love my S&W Wheel guns

I spent 2 years looking for a S&W 625 in .45 LC and found one used at the Washington Arms Collectors Gun show a few years back. It is still my most accurate pistol (out of 12). It must have gone through the Performance Center as it is the smoothest double action I've ever shot.

I just bought a S&W 325pd with a 4 inch barrel and it is becoming one of my favorites. It weighs 28oz loaded and I use a Kramer IWB holster. You can carry that all day and the Kramer rides high enough to hide it under a polo shirt.

The 325 is a little finicky on reloads and I have to make sure there is minimal case swelling. I found that this was mostly due to some "off-brand" brass I was reloading so after culling the brass, I have had little problem.

The recoil is stiff, but doesn't bother me.

old bear

Good News- Bad News

The S&W bug has good news and bad news; the bad news its a lifetime affliction. The good news its a lifetime affliction!:D

jad0110

I'm almost scared to breath on it, I just know I'm going to ding it up.

Oh well, I guess that means you'll have to find another 2" M15 with lots of honest wear like my 15-2 from '65. Actually, these photos do it a little too much justice, as the finish is a bit rough at around 85%.

079.jpg

071.jpg

I do have a 4" 15-3 that is in near mint condition, however. Excellent guns, I'll be saving mine for my son one day.

DSC08107.jpg

IMG_9710.jpg

aarondhgraham

Luvs dem K-Frame S&W's,,,

Nice purchase my friend,,,

I understand getting the bug. :eek:

14 months ago I didn't own one S&W revolver,,,
Now I own seven of the danged things,,,
And still have a "want list".

Last edited:

Ron Bernert

Just FYI:

If you think the S&W bug is bad, try catching the Ruger bug! And, I might add, Pennicillin DOES NOT CURE your problem! The only way to cure it is buy forcing yourself to move on to another brand. I swear. It works!:p

Leejack

Ahhhh, Smith & Wesson and Ruger bugs going around. For me, Blackhawks and single sixes are like potato chips.:D

Why, I believe they are made in the USA aren't they!!!

Yes they are!;)

Lee

IRONPONY

gee , I was just looking at the pics & I have the bug from my computer. :eek:
Very nice pistols indeed , I bought my wife a nice chief snub for Christmas last year. :)