There was a snake thread below...

Noonan

I thought ya'll might want to see a full-grown South Georgia cottonmouth.

Attachments

• mcgrath-snake.jpg
    mcgrath-snake.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 466

elrod

Now that ol' boy could put some big time hurt on ya'. Now ya'll be careful down in them piney woods......:eek:

Swampghost

I've seen a few that might go that size. Saw an 11 ft. Eastern Diamondback once. The ones that really worry me now are all of the exotics that the friends of PETA have released around here, they can get REALLY big. I'm sure that you've all seen this pic.

gator051005183436.jpg

It was only 13 ft.! The gator sticking out is 6 ft. I've seen much larger in zoos and I'm sure that there are some bigger ones out here in the swamp.

BIGR

Back in the early 90's I use to hunt near Washington, GA. The land we leased had a creek running throught it so I was always on the lookout for those critters.

deanadell

Swampghost if you saw a 11' Eastern Diamondback you saw one that was about 2'6" longer than the largest recorded rattler.

If he exaggerated, I can live with that, because the way I feel about rattle snakes, if it's 8 feet long, it might as well be 18 feet long, or 80 feet long......:eek::eek:

Creature

You should have seen what an 8-foot python did to my car that my wife drove over on our way back to Sweetwater on Rt 41. I didnt see it before we hit it. I thought we had hit one of those concrete parking space tire-stoppers. That snake was big around as my lower leg. To this day I am convinced we got airborne. I do know that it wrecked the front end and my car was undriveable...and cost over $2k in repairs.

Pythons are a huge problem in FL.

Oh...and to keep this gun related, the trooper who responded to our call said that he keeps a Marlin .22 rifle in his trunk...just for the purpose of making sure that snake "road kills" that he responded too were indeed dead.

Noonan

For the record, this snake was 72 inches long, which is two inches short of the record cottonmouth. I shot it with a 12 gauge - #8 birdshot.