The Wait Begins for Precision Delta's Bullets

I placed an order earlier this week for some Precision Delta bullets. Today, I received a phone call from (Lisa?) regarding my order. Looks like the .45ACP 230gr bullets are not going to be shipped until sometime in October. The 9mm 124gr bullets are not going to be at my doorstep until LATE winter. What's my point? Well, it isn't what you think...

I had to post this issue for a number of reasons:

1. Bullet manufacturers are apparantly still going strong. At least some companies are actually providing jobs when others can't in this economic condition.

2. Notify others if they place an order, be patient with them. I'm sure you can order in confidence.

3. I found it refreshing to have "Lisa" take the time to call me and let me know the status of my order so I'm not left hanging. It's bad enough a business is in "all hands on deck" mode. It must be even worse to try and keep up while spending time to call all of your customers to give an update. I can only imagine the various colorful ungrateful remarks coming from irate people.

4. Speaking of refreshing...she sure was a sweetheart. Downhome southern accent. Called me some terms of endearment that only a southern belle can say while a yankee would probably think, "Hey, I'm not your honey, baby, or sugar". Not me. I was smitten. Made me miss my stomping grounds...

Tex S

Tuttle, are you indirectly asking for fellow forum members to start calling you "honey", "baby", or "sugar"?

GMAN

That's funny, I got a call from Lisa yesterday, also. This was my first time ordering from them. .40 Cal would be 1st of the year and .45 in Oct.

Sevens

Screw that, I'm ordering from Precision Delta just so I'll get a call from Lisa!

And just to make sure, I think I'll order some .405" 130-grain lead slugs for .41 rimfire... that'll take 'em a while so she will HAVE to call me! :D

But seriously... I hear ya Tuttle8. I don't mind a wait, especially when they do their part to let you know they are on it and your order is important to them. Thumbs up.

mongoose33

There's a reason Precision Delta is so backordered.

I suppose I should put in an order now and just wait it out.

rn22723

At $100/box plus an additional shipping charge for residential orders? No, thanks.

First offf it is 295 delivered for 2K period. the USPS does not distinguish from residential or commercial as does UPS as MG ships USPS. So, in reality it is NOT $100 bucks but rather closer to $67 might want to have your kid review basic math with you. Well, timing is everything.

rn22723

The reason they are back ordered is that their production schedule is etched in stone as many companies have not increased production ability. So, they have their runs for various bullets at various times there is no back stock due to demand. But if you stay ahead of the curve the wait is worth it.

dds51968

I waited about a month and a half, they were as helpful as possible by phone and email and pleasant as well.

I think thats not too bad in these times

First offf it is 295 delivered for 2K period. the USPS does not distinguish from residential or commercial as does UPS as MG ships USPS. So, in reality it is NOT $100 bucks but rather closer to $67 might want to have your kid review basic math with you. Well, timing is everything.

Precision Delta's price for 124gr FMJ states $72/1000 bullets. No shipping charges, no extra fees for residential delivery.

Let's itemize some points according to Montana Gold's website: www.montanagoldbullet.com

1. 9mm 124gr FMJ is quoted at $99/1000. A case is classified at 3750 ea. and 1 case=$292.

2. On the price list page it states $5 for residential shipping.

3. On the ordering information it states $5 for residential shipping.

4. On the order form at the bottom it states $5 for residential shipping.

Now, let's get to that math lesson...

1. $99 plus $5 additional shipping equals $104 for 1000 bullets. Add 1000 more and the price equals $203.

2. If I wanted to spend the $292 for the case (remember, it's 3750 bullets) plus $5 shipping, it would essentially cost $79.20/1000.

3. According to your statement of $295/2000 period , it would equate to $147.50/1000. Giving the benefit of the doubt that you meant 3750 instead of 2000, the cost would still be $78.70/1000.

Regarding your suggestion that my kid reviews basic math with me: Well, on the issue of arithmetic I'm sure that's been addressed. The issue in a physical sense is impossible. I don't have any kids. On the yet another snide, condescending statement from you, I'd check your inbox....

Sixer

I waited about 2 months for my order from PD. It gave me time to get a whole gaggle of other stuff done (ie swaging, trimming, priming, etc.) Despite the recent LONG wait times, I still plan on placing my future orders with Precision Delta. The gals there are great, and the for the money it's tough to beat the quality of their product.

Forgot to update...

"Sometime in October" for my .45ACP bullets shipped to my door on Oct. 5th. Not bad for being on time and not needing to wait long.

9mm was updated the shipment will be in January. I'm willing to bet when I get back from our trip in Christmas they'll be at my doorstep.

Alleykat

I called Lisa several months back, cancelling my order for 2K 124gr. 9mm bullets. I'd found some in stock at Precision Bullets. Lisa was so nice that I told her to go ahead with the order, which arrived a coupla weeks ago. Haven't even opened the box yet. ;)

Foxbat

I wish they were a bit more forthcoming regarding their stock. About two weeks ago I called and was told there was stock, so I ordered. Two days ago I received... no, not the bullets... a phone call, telling me they were about two weeks in the future.

That is not stock.