The Tennessee Highway Patrol Commemorative Revolver.. One of 350

Hammer It

Hello
A Few weeks ago I attended a very small Gun show in Middle Tennessee. I had about seen it all with nothing Gaining my Interest when I came upon this Tennessee Highway Patrol Commemorative Revolver. In 1989 G.T. Distributors of Rossville, Georgia designed and distributed this special revolver. It is one of 350 made and to get one you had to be a sworn Tennessee Highway Patrolman. The special Cherry fitted case is embellished with an original Tennessee Highway Patrol Badge in each corner showing One to Three Fifty in the number part of the badge. The revolver was based on the Original Tennessee Highway patrol revolver being in .45 Colt Caliber with a 4" Barrel, Smooth Book Grain matched magna Grips and a Lanyard ring. It also follows the original revolver serial numbers from back in 1929 by starting with the letter Prefix T.P.H. 001-T.P.H. 350 This gun came to me only Factory fired with Three dirty charge holes in the cylinder from Testing. It will remain unfired and is the only one in my collection I have not nor will not fire. I later Met the Original designer of this gun, and he gave me the Original order form shown below. I have an official Tennessee Highway Patrol Uniform Patch on the way and am trying to locate an Original highway Patrolman's Badge for Presentation Purposes of it.. Hammer It

Tennessee_Highway_Patrol_Revolver_1.jpg

Tennessee_highway_Patrol_Revolver_2.jpg

THP_Presentation_case_inside.jpg

Tennessee_Highway_Patrol_Color_flyer_reduced.jpg

Tennessee_Highway_Patrol_Color_Flyer_reduced_order_Blank.jpg

Tennessee_Trooper_revolver_on_Open_Gun_Rug.jpg

Hammer It

Absolutely stunning. I want one!!!

Hello Active shooter
I had heard about this model before collecting S&W revolver's as I do & I wanted to get one that was a match for my Home state and Lucked out by finding this one at a Tiny Gun show in McMinnville, Tennessee. I almost did not go to that show knowing it was a small one, But this just goes to show you, The One you Miss may be the one that has a hard to Locate revolver at it. ;) This gun is almost to the end of the run of production of them only being 350 of them ever made. You had to be a Sworn Tennessee State Trooper to buy one, so that narrows down the exposure only being State Troopers as buyers. Good luck in your search I feel this was a once in a Lifetime find..:) Hammer It

Hammer It

HelloDave
I appreciate the Kind words. I have an official Tennessee Highway Patrol Uniform patch coming soon and an Official Highway Patrol Officers Wallet Badge. Then, This will complete the Package and I will Update this Post with the additional Items when they arrive. Regards, Hammer It

Hammer It

My Ex-Father in Law has one of the "West Virginia State Police" revolvers. It is a dandy. Tom.

Hello Tom
I Think it is Neat having revolvers dedicated to your State and the Police Officers that serve there. They also have a S&W Model 19 and a bottom Feeder that was dedicated to The Tennessee Highway Patrol I am searching for now as well.. Hammer It

HOGGHEAD

Cartridge

I am not 100% sure. But I believe the revolver he had was an N-Frame 357 Magnum. That would have been a Model 27?? He was a conservation officer. But at one time he was a WV State Trooper. Tom.

ActivShootr

That gun really strikes a chord with me as TN is also my home. It also reminds me of the trooper that was murdered in my county last year. I met him a few times while on duty with the FD . He was a great guy and would have been an outstanding officer of the law.

Rest in peace, Calvin Jenks.

Hammer It

I am not 100% sure. But I believe the revolver he had was an N-Frame 357 Magnum. That would have been a Model 27?? He was a conservation officer. But at one time he was a WV State Trooper. Tom.

Hello Tom
Most Police agencies bought the model 28 which is a Highway Patrolman. It is an-N-Frame similar to the model 27 but has a bead blasted top strap and Matte style Bluing. The model 27's were the top of the line model in the-N-frame arena. They had a cross Hatch checkering design in the top strap and the rear sight base as well. They had a deep shinny Bluing or nickel Plating as well. Below is a Five screw Plain Jane model Pre-28 Highway Patrolman with a 4" Barrel and a Blued model 27-2 with a 5" Barrel showing the elaborate top strap cross hatch checkering... I hope this helps, Hammer It

DSCF9241.JPG

PICT00141.JPG

Model_27-2_top_strap_Checkering.jpg

Hammer It

Hello
I came acorss this First Year 1929 Tennessee Highway Patrol Wallet size Officer's Badge on Flea-Bay the Other day. I have an Official Uniform Patch coming as well to complete this Tennessee Highway Patrol presentation Package. Regards, Hammer it

THP_1929_Badge.jpg

Hammer It

Hello
I was surprised when I got my Mail today to see the Commissioner of The Tennessee Highway Patrol had sent me an Official Uniform Patch to put with my revolver. I sent him a Personal E-mail last week asking for his help on this matter, Sometimes it Pays to go to the Top..I asked for an official Highway Patrol Badge but he refused and decided to send me this Patch instead... Hammer It

THP_Badge_Cover.jpg

THP_Badge_inside_Phamplet.jpg

THP_Badge_Phamplet_Rear.jpg