The Tale of Three Rugers

Dragline45

So a few months back I searched high and low and found a .327 LCR. Sweet little gun, great trigger, and was pretty pumped about having a small revolver that size that held 6 shots, I was even getting ready to retire the Shield 9mm. Unfortunately I ended up having problems with the LCR with the cylinder scraping the frame as it opened and closed. So I sent it back to Ruger and got word that the gun needed to be replaced. They got back to me and said it would be months before they could get me another with no ETA. They offered me a replacement gun of equal value, though there were no other guns in that price range I wanted at the time. I asked what it would take to get a Ruger New Vaquero in .45 Colt and they agreed to replace the LCR with the Vaquero at no cost! This was awesome on Ruger's part since it's a more expensive gun. I always wanted a Vaquero as I was a big fan of westerns growing up. The Vaquero was a really nice gun, though I could just not get used to that small little grip. With the 5.5" barrel and the weight of that gun, that tiny grip just wasn't doing it for me, and I wasnt about to throw big ugly Hogue rubber grips on it. I ended up selling the gun for a little more than what I payed for the LCR so I still made out in the end. So now I have gun money, and need to buy another gun, which lead me to.....

The Ruger SR1911 CMD! I love this freaking gun. It's very well put together, and IMO Rugers best handgun they have put out yet. It's nice and tight with almost no movement between the slide and frame, but has proven to be reliable with everything I put through it even when it's dirty. Accuracy is excellent and will consistently punch the center out of a target no problem. Easily the best value of all the guns I have owned. My only gripe is the trigger has alot of play in it, though I was told this was normal with the SR1911's so ill likely put another trigger in there. I'll eventually get another .327 LCR when they become more available, but I gotta say I'm pretty damn happy with the 1911.
i71ml3.jpg

weblance

Glad you finally got something useful. Im not a big 1911 fan, but I am a Ruger Fanboy, so when the SR1911 was announced, I decided to jump in. I have the 5". Mine has been excellent, and same as yours, will blow the center out of the target all day long at 25 yards. I have guns with aftermarket triggers that are better than my SR1911, but I feel the trigger in mine is serviceable. Sure it could be better, but I've also shot much worse triggers. For a production gun that can be had for around $600, its hard to beat.

Sequins

That's too bad you never got another .327 but it looks like you managed to salvage the situation pretty well!

Nice looking gun you've got there.

briandg

I would have traded my truck for a few vaqueros. Maybe four, 2 .357, 44, 45...

I practically gave the truck to a friend.