The Story of .--Glock 36, that is

longeyes

I'm in the process of breaking in a new Glock 36. I went back to the range yesterday with 200 rounds of Winchester 230g BEB ammo and proceeded to run one box through each of my four mags. All was well until round 150 (last round for Mag #3). Two jams. Slide would retract maybe an inch, but I could only fix the problem by removing the magazine and racking the slide to eject the cartridge. This happened twice. I was able to fire this jammed round from Mag #4 on the final leg of the break-in.

As luck would have it, the guy next to me on the range was breaking in a new Springfield Armory 1911. He was having exactly the same problem with his gun! (The difference was I'd then fired 600 rounds, he was on his first two magazines.) I think he worked at the range. His opinion, re my gun, was that either the ammo was too weak (or at least one round was) or recoil spring was too strong. Are these plausible conclusions? I'm not convinced there isn't a problem with Mag #3; I believe that's where I had my problems the time before. My plan is to go out to the range and put at least a hundred rounds of a different brand of ammo (probably Fiocchi 230g) through the suspect magazine.

Wondering, though, if anyone else has had similar problems that are ammo- or recoil spring-related?