The Sovereign Nation of Glock 31

Glock 31

Ok, I know this may be wishfull thinking and off the beaten path, but bear with me, I couldn't think of anything else to start a thread on anyway.

What if you could buy an island and start your own country. Kind of like sim city just global and without that pain in the ass residential commercial industrial meter to worry about. What would your laws be? What would your stance on crime and punishment and the public's right to bear arms. Or would you even let them. How would you regulate it? Here's a few ideas I dreamed about during one of my insomnia sessions.

We'll use some of the basic well established form of law and order the U.S. has now, just no bull**** loophole technicalitie criminals walk for bad evidence gathering crap like that.

1. If it's obvious that the criminal did it, only the cops made a mistake or were dirty or whatever, the judge can render guilty verdicts with much more ease and leniency than what you find here.

2. Felonies upwards and including crimes resulting in permanent disfiguration or death or serious bodily injury to the victim, automatically carry a death sentence to be carried out immediately, no waiting. Criminals may choose to appeal this only once, and must have a legitimate and no bull**** reason for doing so.

Many of these can be backed up by public poles. If the general population of over 80 percent agree on one thing, then the law makes it so.

3. There will be no such thing as misdemeanor drunk driving. You drink, you drive, you die.

You see this country will bring about a whole new age of public responsibility and self accounting. Think before you act can be the nation's creed or motto or whatever.

4. Drug possesion automatically leads to deportation, and an alert to whatever country you go to as to why you are being deported. Death to repeat offenders caught back in the country.

5. Applicants (yes there is an application process to be granted citizenship) must go through an indoctrination course kind of like the first days of bootcamp to all you military members out there. This course will explain all the laws of the country in lamen's terms. So there is no excuse of, "well I didn't know". And incidentally the laws on the books will be written in english, not legal technical jargon where only law grads can understand it.

6. Some of the economy will be based on a barter system such as national defense contracts. In other words a company agrees to provide so many guns to the army in exchange for the owners and employees of said company getting free groceries, very light utility bills and other ways of supporting them as they support the country. Afterall, don't you wonder why it costs so much to build a tank or feed an army. Why charge your own government for the supplies for them to defend you. Of course this will be on case by case basis, money as far as I can think of is not going away in replace of oh say credits anytime soon.

7. Petty misdemeanors will carry much stiffer sentences than most everyone is used to. For instance, say some teen 16 or 17, steals a car and goes on a joy ride just because he thought it would look cool for his friends to run from the cops. Well he won't be getting out of prison for at least ten years. That is a wake up call since he is endangering the lives of innocents.

8. The innocents come first, if you are endangering their lives, yours is forfeit on the discression of the police department. Means they don't have to go to extra lengths to save the criminals life no matter the age. Just save the innocents and if the criminal lives through the ordeal, well that's just fine.

There's more but this is pretty long for a thread so if I get good posts, i'll edit this for longer. And please reply with what you guys and gals would do.

P.S. And petty misdemeanors does not mean carrying an illegally concealed gun, in my country, any honest hard working, person with no evil intentions would not have a problem getting a permit. No fees, no fingerprints, just let us know who you are, and what you carry, and you country i.d. number, since you have to apply to gain citizenship anyway, we will know who you are. Remember this is a new government, truly for the people, if not necessarily by them. This is not the big bad corrupt U.S. government that SOME people think it is. And I believe every government is corrupt a little, just the U.S. is a better than most.

jefnvk

Sounds like you are just giving people some different rights than what they have now. No more freedom, just different freedoms.

My country? Whatever you do is fine, as long as it isn't hurting anyone (and in my country, unborn babies are someone). You wanna do crack? Fine. You wanna steal money to buy crack? Not fine. You want that M249? Fine. You want to let loose a belt of ammo into the air on New Year's eve? Not fine. You wanna go off and screw every guy in town for $10 each? Fine. You want an abortion to take care of the problem that came out of that night? Not fine.

Twycross

#1 looks good to me.

#2 I think this is a bit too harsh. For murderers, rapists, and kiddnappers, the immediate application of the death penalty. But criminals who maim (in Twycross's perfect world) would either be maimed in the same manner they employed, or pay all of the victim's medical bills, and any other costs associated with losing work/therapy/etc. The victim would make the choice as to which option would be taken.

#3 is odd. You are going to kill people for posing potential threat to you?

#4 would be eliminated. If you want to wreck your life on drugs, go ahead. The state is not your babysitter.

#5 sounds good, but I'm not sure of how effective it would be.

#6 I think would greatly complicate thing unnecessarily. After all, money is nothing more than the most easily tradable item. Why not stick with it?

#7 In this scenario, I would treat it as any theft. Pay it back double and apologize.

#8 sounds good, but perhaps re-word it a little softer. Criminals are humans with rights too.

Oh, and in my perfect world, the prison system would be abolished.

Public execution in a gory manner would be re-enstated. No lethal injection, unless it is a toxin which produces visible and ugly effects.

And in cases where the victim is alive and rational, there are no mandatory sentences, just maximum sentences, and the victim may specify any punishment up to the maximum.