the siren call of 3" .44 spc.

CaptainO

Not a bad cartridge for a 4" barreled "N" frame. (I would tend to load it to about 900 fps with a 240-grain lead for antipersonnel duty).

Other than that, it is a great "plinker" as well.

Scott

dahermit

Here is my 696 (five-shot L frame), 3" .44 Spl. Notice it has no lock. The dark stuff on the font sight is sight-black, left there since my last shooting session.
001_zpse2e55cca.jpg

Ozzieman

Yea, that’s a 4 inch tapered barrel 21. Didn’t make a 3 inch. I have a thunder ranch version of the same gun.
<700$, I would have taken it home also.
To bad it has the lock. Mine does also.
Great find

Colt46

rare as hen's teeth

You have to be crazed to collect and shoot .44 Spl's.

Sweet, sweet combo of gun and cartridge, though.

Webleymkv

I had the nickel version and it was an excellent gun. I sold it in a fit of stupidity and I've regretted it ever since (particularly when I found out that they only made about 700 in nickel:eek:)

subhuman

nice pistol Spacecoast!

I'm used to looking at the 3" K-L frame guns and the sp101, so I guess that my mind just looked at it and called it a 3" and it does have that profile, I just did not really consider the whole size of the gun.

Model12Win

Nice guns! I just got a .44 special, though it "only" has a 2.5" barrel! It's a Charter Arms Bulldog, very lightweight at only 21 ounces.

Ozzieman

Webleymkv, your twice the man I am just admitting that.
I do feel for you. I found decades ago that if it has 44 special on it, never get rid of it. Don't eat, walk 20 miles to work but never give up your specials. I did once and live to regret it.