The SIG P210 is BACK!

twhidd

This one has a beaver tail, so hammer bite should not be a problem. But it just won't be the same. The original was made in Switzerland. This one will be made in Germany. Do you really think it will be as good?

roman3

Nope, its not the original, and it won't be the same. Looks good though, at least its not got some lawyer like billboard or warning slabbed all over it. Maybe the production ones will...

WVsig

The 22LR 1911 is interesting at $400. They finally got rid of the squared slide on the 1911s.

Could Sig make more versions of the same gun in multi colors?More and more Kimber like bling and changes which are only cosmetic. :barf: Make the guns better functioning not better looking. Please. Cohen is killing this company.

Interesting no double action on the P290. Its a striker with a hammer?

What is up with the interviewer pointing the "lady" p238 at the rep. What a joke. Whoever is shooting this video should have corrected that ignorant action.

bigghoss

I like the looks of the p210 but a fullsize single stack 9mm isn't doing it for me. maybe if they bring back the .22lr version too.

twhidd

I also thought the rep was kind of a moron. He referred to some of the 1911s as "pocket guns". That seemed a little ignorant to me.

JohnKSa

Administrator
It's a typical catch-22.

We bemoan the fact that guns nowadays are made from plastic, MIM and stampings right up until we're given the ability to buy a gun made traditionally with wood and machined steel. Then we bemoan the price. :D

Great:( This is the first year for me that the sig bug has really hit hard. Last year I looked at some GSR/C3/target 1911s from them and really liked them, but wanted a 9mm. Now I'm stuck because they've announced work on that 9mm 1911 and P210 (something I might just persue). That 226 with the beavertail it really the only 226 so far to really pressure me into it, it's pretty.

Now all Sig needs to do is get rid of the external extractor and I'd actually be interested in one of their 1911s.
I can tell you from direct experience that the external extractor causes no problems with the Sig 1911's.

We bemoan the fact that guns nowadays are made from plastic, MIM and stampings right up until we're given the ability to buy a gun made traditionally with wood and machined steel. Then we bemoan the price.
This has always been a running argument among S&W revolver fans. My retort has always been, "hey, if we want a hand-fitted carbona-blued gun like they did in the Hellstrom days, it's going to cost so much that people won't want it."

zombieslayer

I'm not a Sig guy at all, but the 210 is a classic, and I've secretly wanted one for years. The price is a bit lofty, but its a niche market gun.
On the 1911's- I too wish Sig didn't use the external extractor. Just for style reasons. And yeah, that rep in the video was a bit on the green side. He must have really BIG pockets!!
I agree about the price of hand-fitting and quality machining. $1500 for a Dan Wesson isn't such a bad deal when you look at how its built.

ShipWreck

I have a very expensive 9mm 1911 - but I don't see myself buying another 9mm at that cost. This new 210 looks sweet - but I can't bring myself to spend that much again.

Nakanokalronin

I can tell you from direct experience that the external extractor causes no problems with the Sig 1911's.

Thats fine. I'd rather have standard 1911 parts incase I need a replacement piece. I can pick from many many extractors from different brands that are all standard size and tune them to my liking. With Sig, I call Sig and only Sig.

BlkHawk73

A P210 has been on the "dream list" for a loooong time. Hearing a week or two ago it was to return to production I was pretty darn excited. :cool: Best part though is the wife just might be buying me one later this year. :):):):):)