The Sell-Off Has Commenced, What Should I Sell Next?

Joe_Pike

Well, the economy being what it is has put me in a position where I thought it would be prudent to start "thinning the herd" so to speak. I sold a S&W model 19 the other day and have a Kahr P9 up for sale now on Armslist with more handguns to come in the future.

Now, I'm trying to decide what long gun to start with. I am trying to decide between a Saiga 7.62x39mm, a Norinco SKS in really, really nice shape and a 30 year old Marlin 1894c in .357. I know the Marlins are really difficult to find, so, I almost hate to try and sell it.

I'm more of a handgun guy than a long gun guy, so, I'm looking for some advice on what you guys would sell/keep.

Stressfire

Keep the Marlin

I feel your pain though, am getting there myself but am hoping to bounce back before I have to sell off more than I want to part with.

tomrkba

Given the economic insanity that is likely to hit us in the next five years...keep them. Buy ammo. Trade them at that time for stuff you need.

Stressfire

tom, sometimes there is just no other choice. I'm not sure what Joe's situation is, but for younger guys like me, every gun purchase is a sacrifice away from money that could otherwise be saved. When the fit hits the shan, there are things you need and things you don't.

Joe_Pike

I decided to sell a few things before things really got to difficult. I still have a job, but we are told on a regular basis that things are not looking good. I figure that it may be better to sell before I absolutely have to in order to try and maximize the price I get. I don't want to get in a situation where I have to sell something for whatever I can just to pay the house payment.

TheSILENTtype

Norinco SKS you say? I would likely sell that. But first, I would list on this post what you have done to it along with a picture.

Then I would await an offer from.....me!

jasmith85

I agree on selling the Norinco SKS. I've seen quite a few of them for sale recently so it wouldn't be very difficult to replace later on.

Joe_Pike

Well, no long guns are gone yet, but I sold a Colt Trooper MK III .22lr today and I may have a Detective Special gone pretty soon. It's not as hard as I thought it would be to let go.

Joe_Pike

Sometimes it takes a year or two before it hits ya.

For me it's talking myself into the sale to begin with. After that I generally never regret it. The only two things that I regret getting rid of are a 1962 Fender Strat Reissue made in the US in 1986-87. The other is a '69 RS SS Camaro I traded back in '77-'78.

shortwave

Rifle was a old Zouave

Car was an all original, olive green with black vinyl top, 69 Chevelle SS 396. Automatic, air,AM/FM, cassette. 29,000 orig. miles. In pristine condition.

Onward Allusion

Keep the Marlin and the Saiga. The Norinco SKS is common and not in the same category as the other two in terms of quality and accuracy (generally). This way you will still have two different calibers.

rwilson452

I often wish I had my '67 Camero back. I liked it better than the 69.

For me it's talking myself into the sale to begin with. After that I generally never regret it. The only two things that I regret getting rid of are a 1962 Fender Strat Reissue made in the US in 1986-87. The other is a '69 RS SS Camaro I traded back in '77-'78.