The Return of $100 Mosins

tahunua001

one's gotta wonder what "condition B" really is. all of their other mosin nagants are $150 to $250 so I wonder if these are really like a lot of the type 53s that have recently hit the market.

leadchucker

Those are Molots. Nothing really bad about that, but it is generally suspected that some amount of "refinishing" or "rework" has been done to them to make them legal to import from Russia. That Molot mark on them is a turn-off for most collectors, but if all you want is a shooter, they should be great for that.

Don P

I just filled out the form for a C&R FFL and I'm sending it in tomorrow. I might have to buy myself a Christmas present

Good luck with getting it that quick, sorry for the bubble burst.

nate_g_2003

Mine is a Molot. Had I not taken the handguards off, I would have never known. Mine doesn't look all that bad, and the only line-thru serial number is on the mag floor plate "thingy".

Armed_Chicagoan

Don P said:
Good luck with getting it that quick, sorry for the bubble burst.
I'm an optimist. Otherwise it can be a late Christmas present for myself. :)

Seems the wait is all over the place, anywhere from 2-10 weeks from what I'm seeing on message boards.

tobnpr

If I am moving and sent notification but have not received the change yet I cant order them, can I?

The firearm can only be sent to the address on the FFL the seller has on file.

If you don't (which means they don't) have the 03 with the new address, it will be shipped to your old address.

For that price, I might be suspicious of the rifling condition and muzzle wear.

The cash for 3-4 Russian MNs might buy a nice Finnish MN ( M-39?), or a really good SKS.

Gator Weiss

Mosin Nagant is good stuff

I have a long one and a short one. I paid 126 for the long one and 40 for the short one. The long one is nicer to shoot but the short one has its points. These rifles seem perfectly fine in the original form. The more I shoot them the less I want to change anything about them. They both have dog collar slings and I am not really fond of the slings but I have noticed the dog collar arrangement has no rattling sound. Very quiet. I hunt with these occasionally and they are perfectly fine. My favorite to hunt with is my Mauser 98K or my Argentine. But my Nagant rifles are just as reliable to hunt with. I also use them if I take friends hunting and need an extra rifle. Can't beat the price and they are historical. Never mail order Nagants. Find a source and take a pull through with a brush mounted and go look over the nagants and pick out the best ones before you buy one. I bought my long one from a gun shop in Fort Worth Texas. The clerk there is a great gun buff and he helped me go through a bunch of nagants until I found a real good one. The pull through we used was a quick way to remove some grease or Cosmo from the bore to check out the rifling. We also checked out breaches and lugs. You have no way to do this when you mail order.

Last edited: