• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

The 'remember me' option at sign in.

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
First off, make sure you have cookies enabled. I've found that with Explorer, the highest you can set your privacy settings is medium high.

Then, when you're logging on, simply click on the little box next to the "remember me" option.

Now, as long as you don't delete your cookies, you'll be able to go to other sites, or even shut down, and when you return to TFL, you'll already be logged in.

saltydog452

Thanks cap'n.

Setting is 'Med-High'...No cookies restricted or blocked...Still can not engage the 'remember me' function.

Gremlins in my 'puter maybe?

Thanks,

salty.

jdc1244

Firewall setting, anti-spyware/adware, auto filters and cleaners can prevent the auto login from working. If you’re using IE get rid of it. Download FireFox and that and many problems will go away.

saltydog452

The 'remember me' function works on the High Road and 1911Org, but not here.

No 'symptoms' as such, I sign in, check the box, get logged in, read, sign out, display says all cookies cleared, etc.

Next log in, still no 'remember me'.

Its no big deal, I was just curious if there was a specific procedure for this site that I should follow.

Thanks,

salty.

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
read, sign out, display says all cookies cleared, etc.
Ah HA! :D There's your problem! When you sign out at TFL, the cookies (including your "remember me" cookie) are indeed cleared.

Next time, don't log out; just leave TFL and go to another site, or shut down, etc.

With "remember me" enabled, TFL will automatically log you out after so many minutes of inactivity (can't remember how long, 20 minutes?), but when you return here, your remember me cookie will automatically log you back in.

Mal H

Staff
I was just about to make the exact same quote Charlie did including highlighting the "sign out" part. :)

If you sign out here or THR, you automatically switch off the remember me function.

saltydog452

THR and 1911Org allows me to sign out and re-enter using ther remember me function.

I just thought that it was proper to sign out when leaving a site...seems that it'd save the guys paying the bills a few cents and some bandwidth.

Thanks for the responses,

salty.

Mal H

Staff
Ah! Actually it's not that THR allows you to sign out and come back remembered, you have a residual cookie that is allowing you to come back without signing in. The same would happen here if you had an extra TFL cookie. Delete all of your THR cookies manually and I'll bet you won't see the same thing.