The Polish P-83 trigger bar is visible in advert. photos?

It is clear on almost all of those offered on GB, or on Google "group photos". I don't remember seeing it on three friends' P-64s, so why is it exposed on the 83?

Maybe the trigger bar is not what it appears to be, and I have only seen this when a slide is removed from my Sig 232, Makarovs etc. My component knowledge is very limited, as is quite apparent.

Whatever this actually is on the right side of multiple examples, it might become less reliable in a dusty etc environment (?), if it is such a moving part.

Pilot

It is the trigger bar. Beretta 92's also have them exposed. No worries on function or reliability.

Bart Noir

Well that is interesting.

Usually if the trigger bar is designed to be outside the frame, it is because the pistol has a double stack magazine. By not encasing the bar in the frame, the frame can be made thinner.

I was about to respond to say the above, and then I looked at the wikipedia pages for the P-64 and the P-83, which is based on the P-64.

The P-83 blows that theory away. It is still a single stack pistol. So I cannot explain why the designers would move the trigger bar outside the frame.

Bart Noir
Who wonders if surplus P-83s will appear on the US market.

carguychris

Bart Noir said:
Usually if the trigger bar is designed to be outside the frame, it is because the pistol has a double stack magazine.
The Beretta Series 81 has an external trigger drawbar, and it was offered in both double-stack and single-stack versions.
Ignition Override said:
...it might become less reliable in a dusty etc environment (?)
OTOH if the clearances are generous enough, an external drawbar is more likely to spontaneously shed dust and grit, provided that the shooter doesn't oil it excessively. The schmutz won't get trapped inside the gun.