The Perfect J-Frame Grips

David the Gnome

I finally found my perfect J-Frame grips. Please excuse how dirty the gun is, I didn't have a chance to do more than a quick wipe-down before taking the pictures. The pictures also came out a lot darker than I had hoped. I'm working on a new light box which should eliminate that issue though. I will try and get better pictures once it is complete.

swm6005.jpg

swm6004.jpg

Those are S&W heritage grips, bought new from S&W. They have that Coke bottle palm swell and the checkering is nice and sharp. They also look like a million bucks compared to the ratty old grips this gun originally came with. If anyone is interested you can get them from S&W for about $65.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=45303&training=

stevieboy

Very pretty but just way too small for my size extra large mitts. I've equipped my S & W Model 36 with their full length rubber finger grooves and, although they're not particularly aesthetically pleasing, they work extremely well for me.

SaberOne

Very nice looking and it looks a lot brighter than my new 640. Perhaps you had it high polished by S&W? I've considered their service simply for the heck of it.
Regards,

Claims Rep.

I've got this exact same J-frame and absolutely love it.

One question: .38 +P's aren't a problem for this gun, are they?

David the Gnome

Claims, I wouldn't make them a habit but the all stainless construction should withstand the occasional +P without much issue. I wouldn't hesitate to carry the gun with them in any case.

SaberOne, that's just several hours in front of the TV with a rag and a tube of Flitz. ;)

Here it is when it's actually clean :p:

swm6001.jpg

swm6002.jpg

earlthegoat2

I agree that style is the best J frame grip.

Mine arent new production like yours. I like the feel of the T-Grip as well.

Please excuse my nasty scratches but what can I say it is my EDC.

SDC11601.jpg

BTW David, if your gun is a -7 it is factory +P rated. Other than that I agree that since is is all SS it can and will stand up to occasional +P loads.

Hammer It

Hello Dave
I have Liked the Smooth version Magna presentation grade grips for a long time. Here they are shown on my Pre-30 in .32 S&W Long configuration. You need to try a Pair of smooth ones they ride nice and unoticed in your front jeans pocket and do not show well when Hidden... Hammer It

S_W_Pre-30_5.jpg

S_W_Pre-30_4.jpg

Tom2

Sadly for me, most grips that look great on my revolvers are not the best for shooting them. I am sometimes drawn to really unique or attractive grips, but then decide the proof is in the shooting. I guess some are for show, some are for go. And some you just have to live with.

Major 2

BINGO...David the Gnome
that is exactly what I was looking for ..ordered mine today

Thanks to your post, I found them :D